Ketoconazole: instructions for use and reviews
Latin name: Ketoconazole
ATX Code: J02AB02 (tablets and capsules), D01AC08 (cream), G01AF11 (suppositories)
Active ingredient: ketoconazole (Ketoconazole)
Manufacturer: VERTEX, joint-stock company (Russia), Pharmaprim (Republic of Moldova), Lekhim-Kharkov (Ukraine)
Actualization of the description and photo: 11/26/2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 137 rubles.
Ketoconazole is an antifungal drug.
Release form and composition
- tablets: almost white or white with a facet (10 pieces in a blister, in a cardboard bundle of 1 or 3 blisters),
- capsules (10 pieces in a blister, in a cardboard bundle 2 blisters),
- vaginal suppositories: white or white with a yellow tinge, cylindrical in shape with a pointed end, there may be a funnel-shaped recess or air rod on the cut (5 pcs. in a blister, in a cardboard bundle 1 or 2 blisters),
- cream for external use 2%: homogeneous mass of white or white with a yellow tint color (10 g or 15 g in aluminum tubes, in a cardboard bundle 1 tube),
- shampoo (150 ml in a bottle, in a cardboard bundle one bottle).
1 tablet contains:
- active ingredient: ketoconazole - 0.2 g,
- auxiliary components: lactose, corn starch, low molecular weight polyvinylpyrrolidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
In 1 capsule the content of the active substance - ketoconazole, is 0.2 g.
1 suppository contains:
- active ingredient: ketoconazole - 0.4 g,
- auxiliary components: butylhydroxyanisol, semi-synthetic glycerides (Supppozir-AM).
1 g of cream contains:
- active ingredient: ketoconazole - 0.02 g,
- auxiliary components: liquid paraffin, emulsion 61 WL 2659, nipagin, labrafil M 2130 CS, purified water.
- active ingredient: ketoconazole - 2%,
- auxiliary components: laurethsulfone perfumery composition.
Ketoconazole is a synthetic imidazole derivative, an antifungal drug with a wide range of fungicidal and fungistatic activity. The mechanism of the mycostatic action of the active substance is due to its ability to inhibit the synthesis of ergosterol, phospholipids and triglycerides. This causes a change in the lipid composition of the membrane of fungi and a violation of the permeability of the cell wall.
The following microorganisms are sensitive to ketoconazole: dermatophytes of Trichophyton speciales (spp.), Ats. spp.), dimorphic fungi and eumycetes.
After ingestion ketoconazole is well absorbed. The period of reaching the maximum plasma concentration is 1–2 hours.
Plasma protein binding - 99%.
First phase T1/2 (elimination half-life) makes 2 hours, the second phase - 8 hours.
Within 96 hours, it is excreted in the form of inactive metabolites and unchanged, 70% of the dose taken. Through the intestines - 57%, through the kidneys - 13%.
Systemic absorption with external or intravaginal use is negligible.
Tablets and capsules
The use of capsules and tablets Ketoconazole is indicated for the treatment and prevention of mycoses caused by microorganisms sensitive to the drug:
- infections of the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract,
- pronounced damage to the skin, hair and nails (including dermatophytosis, onychomycosis, versicolor versicolor),
- systemic mycoses: blastomycosis, candidiasis, histoplasmosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, coccidiomycosis,
- chronic recurrent vaginal candidiasis, with the failure of local therapy,
- fungal infectious diseases in debilitated patients, including those with immunodeficiency (for prevention).
Cream for external use 2%
Topical application of Ketoconazole cream is indicated for the treatment of skin mycoses caused by ketoconazole sensitive mushrooms:
- skin candidiasis
- groin athlete,
- dermatomycosis of smooth skin (ringworm),
- athlete's foot and hand,
- seborrheic dermatitis caused by Pityrosporum ovale,
- pityriasis versicolor.
The use of ketoconazole shampoo is indicated for the treatment and prevention of the growth of the fungal flora of the scalp, including lichenless and dandruff.
- severe liver dysfunction,
- concomitant therapy with terfenadine, astemizole, triazolam, cisapride, quinidine, simvastatin, lovastatin, pimozide,
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
According to the instructions, ketoconazole should be taken with caution in liver diseases, allergic reactions to drugs in history, dysfunction of the adrenal glands, in combination with antacids, if necessary, the simultaneous long-term use of hepatotoxic drugs.
The use of Ketoconazole tablets during pregnancy is possible only in special cases when the expected therapeutic effect for the mother outweighs the potential threat to the fetus.
- severe degree of liver dysfunction,
- hypersensitivity to macrolides and other components of the drug.
During the period of gestation, the use of capsules is allowed only in cases where the expected therapeutic effect for the mother outweighs the potential threat to the fetus.
Dandruff Shampoo with Ketoconazole
Ketoconazole - an antifungal drug that prevents the appearance of flaky skin scales and helps to get rid of dandruff. It is contained in ointments, gels, shampoos.
In the shampoo of the same name, the content of the active substance is 2%. The tool has the following advantages:
- effectively removes dandruff,
- at the same time solves the problem of hair loss,
- no prescription by low cost sold in the pharmacy chain,
- convenient to use,
- combined with various dandruff treatment regimens.
If we talk about the shortcomings, it is only one. Like any cosmetological agent, ketoconazole may cause an allergic reaction.
In general, the substance ketoconazole is present in the composition of various shampoos to combat dandruff:
- Mycozoral. Active substances eliminate flaking, itching and other signs of dandruff. Apply it three times a week for a month. The drug has a democratic price,
- Keto dandruff shampoo plus. A relatively new drug, which also contains zinc pyrithione. Substances eliminate the symptoms and the cause of dandruff. The treatment regimen is to use the shampoo twice a week for a month,
- KetokenazoleZn2 +. Blocks the reproduction of the fungus. The duration of treatment and frequency of use are determined individually,
- Sebosol. It differs from the analogues in that its use is allowed for children under 1 year old and pregnant women. It is necessary to use means twice a week,
- Nizoral. This name is at the hearing of many. Meanwhile, its components can cause allergies.
Read tips about how to choose the right shampoo for men or women, as well as dry or oily dandruff.
- on the part of the digestive system: rarely - nausea, vomiting, very rarely - transient elevation of liver transaminases, hepatitis,
- nervous system: rarely - headache, dizziness, photophobia, reversible increase in intracranial pressure, paresthesia,
- on the part of the reproductive system: rarely (against the background of prolonged high doses) - menstrual disorders, inhibition of androgen formation, oligospermia, gynecomastia,
- from the hematopoietic system: rarely - thrombocytopenia.
- possible: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, paresthesia, headache, sleep disturbance, insanity, photophobia, thrombocytopenia, rash,
- very rarely: fever, hair loss, allergic reactions (urticaria, skin rash), gynecomastia, oligospermia, decrease in libido, arthralgia,
- in children in rare cases: nervousness, agitation, insomnia, hyperkinesia, conjunctivitis may appear.
At occurrence of symptoms of the development of undesirable effects, the use of the drug should be discontinued and consult your doctor.
If the duration of taking the pills exceeds 14 days, the treatment should be accompanied by regular monitoring of the peripheral blood pattern and liver function indicators.
If necessary, simultaneous therapy with antacids, Ketoconazole tablets should be taken 2 hours before antacids.
Alcohol is contraindicated when taking ketoconazole orally.
Against the background of the use of suppositories, the sexual partner in rare cases may cause hyperemia of the penis.
When vaginal candidiasis is recommended simultaneous treatment of both sexual partners, this will reduce the risk of recurrence of the disease.
Suppositories may reduce the reliability of barrier methods of contraception, such as latex-containing condoms and vaginal diaphragms.
The cream can only be applied externally, it can not be used in ophthalmic practice. Do not let the cream in the eyes.
If the use of a cream is prescribed after prolonged external use of glucocorticosteroids, skin irritation may occur. To eliminate it, it is recommended to continue the application of glucocorticosteroid in the morning in 14–21 days, and to use ketoconazole in the evening. Then the dose of glucocorticosteroid should be gradually reduced to a complete abolition. If a potent glucocorticosteroid was originally used, it can be replaced with a less strong one.
Impact on the ability to drive motor vehicles and complex mechanisms
Taking tablets and capsules can cause the patient side effects that affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention, so care should be taken when performing potentially dangerous work, including when driving.
The use of suppositories and creams does not affect the patient's ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of tablets and capsules during pregnancy is possible only in special cases when the expected therapeutic effect for the mother outweighs the potential threat to the fetus.
The use of tablets and capsules during lactation is contraindicated. If necessary, taking ketoconazole inside breastfeeding should be discontinued.
The appointment of suppositories is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy. The use of suppositories in the II and III trimester of gestation and breastfeeding is possible only if, in the opinion of the doctor, the expected benefit from therapy for the mother exceeds the existing risk for the fetus and child.
It is possible to use the cream during pregnancy and lactation due to the low degree of ketoconazole absorption into the systemic circulation.
Use in childhood
Recommended dosage for tablets and capsules:
- dermatomycosis, versicolor versicolor, candidiasis of the skin and mouth, onychomycosis, systemic mycoses: children weighing more than 30 kg - 1 pc. (200 mg) once a day, if necessary, the dose can be increased to 2 pcs. Children weighing 15–30 kg - 1/2 pcs. (100 mg) once a day. Duration of treatment: dermatomycosis - up to 28 days, lichen-colored lichen - 10 days, candidiasis of the skin and oral cavity - 14-21 days, onychomycosis - to clinical and mycological improvement from 180 to 360 days, systemic mycoses - 30-60 days,
- prevention of fungal infections: based on 4–8 mg per 1 kg of baby weight per day. The duration of the course is prescribed individually.
Vaginal suppositories: there is no information about the safety and efficacy of their use in girls under the age of 12, therefore use is contraindicated.
It is recommended to use candles aged 12-18 years with caution.
With the simultaneous use of ketoconazole in the form of tablets and capsules:
- terfenadine, astemizol, triazolam, cisapride, quinidine, simvastatin, lovastatin, pimozide: drugs whose combination with ketoconazole is contraindicated,
- antacids, anticholinergics, H2-blockers: contribute to a significant decrease in the absorption of ketoconazole,
- rifampicin, isoniazid, rifabutin, carbamazepine, phenytoin: cause a decrease in the level of drug concentration in the blood plasma,
- cyclosporine, indirect anticoagulants, indinavir, saquinavir, disulfan, vincrystras, docetaxel, nifedipine, digoxin, verapamil, carbamazepine, alfentanil, sildenafil, buspirone, alprazolam, midazolam, methylpredazol, methylaphenol, sildenafil, buspirone, alprazolam, midazolam, methylpredazole, methyldenol,
With intravaginal and topical use of Ketoconazole, there is practically no systemic absorption of the substance, therefore, the interaction of suppositories and creams with other drugs is unlikely.
Analogs of Ketoconazole are: tablets - Ketoconazole DS, Fungavis, Funginok, Oronazlushchel, Fungistab, Mikozoral, Nevirapin, Ritonavir, Inviraza, Ketazol, capsules - Pradaksa, Crixivan, cream - Dermazole, Nizoral, Ketozorantras, Predaksa, Crixivan, cream - Dermazole, Nizoral, Ketozozeral, Predaksax, Crexivan, cream - Dermazole, Nizoral, Ketozozeral, and Predaksax, Crexivan, cream - Dermazole, Nizoral, Ketozozeral, and Pesaxol. - Ketoconazole-Altpharm, Livarol, Ketodine, shampoo - Mykanisal, Nizoral, Dandruff, Nez-Farm.
What is the effectiveness in treating male pattern baldness?
Studies on the use of ketoconazole-based shampoo in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia Ketoconazole Shampoo: Effect of Long-Term Use in Androgenic Alopecia showed an increase in hair density and follicle size in the anagen phase, similar to minoxidil 2%. In other words, ketoconazole shampoo can be as effective as minoxidil. The study involved 39 men with a third degree of baldness according to Norwood, who did not have dandruff or skin dermatitis. By the sixth month, hair density increased to 296 per cm2, which amounted to + 18% in patients using ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral shampoo two to four times a week) and up to 306 per cm2 + 11% in patients using Minoxidil 2% and regular shampoo . An increase in the diameter of the hair shaft by 7% in both groups was also noted.
How does ketoconazole work?
Ketokonaloz inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol membranes of fungi and impaired cell wall permeability. Suppresses dermatophytes, yeast fungi, dimorphic fungi, eumycetes, staphylococci and streptococci. Presumably in the mechanism of miniaturization of hair follicles with androgenetic alopecia, not only androgenic (dihydrotestosterone) plays an important role, but also inflammatory processes. Ketoconazole has some anti-inflammatory effects. These are all assumptions, the real mechanism of the effect of ketoconazole on the thickness and diameter of the hair is incomprehensible.
What drugs can be used?
These are Nizoral, Vitoral, Orazol, Ketozoral and other anti-dandruff shampoos containing 2% ketoconazole. These drugs can be purchased at any pharmacy. The original Nizoral usually costs several times more expensive. For comparison, Nizoral in Ukraine costs 200 hryvnia (eight dollars) against 80 hryvnia (three dollars) for Ketozoral.
How to use shampoos?
Please consult your doctor first. Buy any ketoconazole shampoo 2%.Rinse the head with warm water, apply shampoo, massage the scalp, wait three to five minutes, rinse the shampoo off. Repeat two to three times a week to achieve a therapeutic effect. Please note that you can not use shampoo if your head was wet for more than ten minutes. The fact is that after this time, the permeability of the skin in the aquatic environment decreases sharply.
How to choose a shampoo?
It is necessary to approach the choice of shampoo individually. Dandruff treatments that have helped one person may be useless to another.
Each medication is accompanied by a manual, which details the indications for use, the principle of the shampoo, and possible contraindications. To make no mistake must adhere to what is written.
How to use?
Dermatologists and trichologists recommend using Ketoconazole for dandruff, dermatitis, and other skin diseases of the head. Apply it as follows:
- Apply a little shampoo on wet hair and lather it.
- Rub into the skin massaging circular movements.
- The active substances should act for 5 minutes.
- After this time, wash off the drug with plenty of warm water.
In order to save money shortly before applying the head can be washed with regular shampoo.
When fighting dandruff, this effective remedy can be used for a month according to the scheme 1 time in 3 days. Further, it can be used as one of the methods of prevention: 1 time in 2 weeks.
Medicinal properties of shampoo
Ketoconazole, on the basis of which the shampoo is created, is a derivative of imidazoldioxolane. When applied to a problem area, the drug changes the lipid composition of the membranes and causes destruction of the cell walls of yeast fungi and dermatophytes, which provoke the development of dandruff and other fungal diseases. The use of shampoo leads to the gradual disappearance of white scales in the hair, eliminating itching and irritation of the scalp.
Patients wishing to get rid of dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis or depriving the scalp are recommended to wash their hair with shampoo twice a week for 3-4 weeks. When pityriasis lichen means must be used 1 time per day every day. The duration of treatment in this case is 5 days.
Patients wishing to get rid of seborrheic dermatitis are advised to wash their hair with shampoo twice a week for 3-4 weeks.
Terms of sale and storage
Ketoconazole is sold in pharmacies. The recipe for its acquisition is not required.
Shampoo should be protected from moisture and direct sunlight. It is recommended to keep it at an air temperature of + 18 ... + 25 ° C in a place outside the reach of children. The shelf life of the medicinal product is limited to 3 years from the date of manufacture.
Description and use
Available dandruff shampoo with ketoconazole in plastic bottles brown, transparent. A set containing one bottle of shampoo, one instruction for use (not always, sometimes the information is indicated on the box) is placed in a cardboard box. Available in volumes of 20 and 60 ml. The shampoo has the following properties:
- Average density
- Reddish orange color
- Pronounced perfumed smell.
When using antifungal hair shampoo foams well. Normally does not cause discomfort.
Analogs: Horsepower, Elf, Sulsen, Mirolla, Zinc Pyrithione
Antifungal shampoo for people with sensitive skin. Intensively treats dandruff, affecting the pathogenic microflora and stopping its growth. Auxiliary components relieve irritation and itching that accompany seborrhea, dermatitis, herpes.
Since the drug is intended solely for external use, data on digestibility and its removal from the body are not available. Shampoos containing ketoconazole are particularly effective against pathogens such as Epidermofiton, Microsporum, Trichophyton, Kandina and others.
Neutral shampoo recommendations
Although ketoconazole is a neutral medicated shampoo, it should be prescribed by a doctor with certain indications. Before prescribing an agent, a dermatologist or trichologist, usually, first conducts a study to establish the type of fungus, since not all drugs are equally effective against all pathogens. This shampoo is currently used for the treatment of candidiasis and dermatophytosis, sometimes in other cases.
Before first use, test for individual sensitivity to the component. If you have purchased the shampoo yourself, without a prescription, it is better to consult with it before the first use.
Instructions for use
Instructions for use shampoo Ketoconazole states that it should be applied at different intervals in each case, with a certain disease. It is prescribed for use no more than 1 time in 5 days and not less than 1 time in two weeks. During the course, the frequency of use may vary. It is used as an ordinary shampoo.
- Apply a sufficient amount of the composition to wet hair,
- Exfoliate thoroughly, evenly spreading over the scalp,
- Leave on for 5 - 10 minutes or wash off immediately, as discomfort occurs,
- Rinse hair with plenty of warm water.
In normal discomfort when leaving the shampoo on the curls should not occur.
Who is not suitable?
About ketoconazole is more than enough positive reviews, it has already helped many to cope with such an unpleasant problem as dandruff.
Shampoo may not work if:
- wrong diagnosis
- there is idiosyncrasy components of the drug.
The use of a shampoo with a smaller proportion of the active drug ketoconazole can reduce side effects. If this does not help, the use of the drug should be immediately abandoned.
Positive dynamics when using shampoo is observed in 4-5 weeks from the moment of the beginning of application. Due to the active substances, the drug is quite effective not only for dandruff, but also at the initial stage of baldness.
Dandruff needs to be fought. The sooner you understand the problem and take steps to solve it, the greater the chances of hair restoration.
Indications for use
Ketoconazole is intended for the treatment of superficial and systemic mycoses.
In the form of tablets it is used for the following diseases:
- Folliculitis, dermatomycosis and onychomycosis caused by blastomycetes (including swelling of the hands and feet, athlete's foot, candidosis, smooth skin dermatomycosis, dermatitis caused by Pityrosporum ovale, inguinal epidermophitia, seborrheic onychomycosis, detachable lesions, inguinal epidermophitia, seborrheic onychomycosis, lymphoma, ovale inguinal, inguinal epidermophitia, seborrheic onychomycosis, detached levitis, dermatitis caused by pityrosporum ovale;
- Blastomycetosis of the oral cavity, gastrointestinal tract, urinary organs and other mycoses of the internal organs.
Inside the drug is also taken as a preventive measure to prevent the development of fungal infections in patients with reduced immunological resistance.
Indications for the use of shampoo:
- Mycosis of the scalp,
- Mold mycoses,
- Seborrheic dermatitis,
- Pityriasis versicolor.
In the form of vaginal suppositories, ketoconazole is prescribed in the following cases:
- Treatment of chronic recurrent and acute vaginal candidiasis,
- Prevention of fungal vaginal infections in women with low body resistance during the period of treatment with antibiotics or other drugs that disrupt the normal vaginal microflora.
Dosing and Administration
Inside the drug should be taken with meals 1 time per day. The daily dose for adults and children weighing more than 30 kg is 200-400 mg, for children weighing less than 30 kg it is 4-8 mg / kg.
The duration of treatment depending on the indications:
- Dermatomycosis - 2-8 weeks
- Onychomycosis and chronic candidiasis - until full recovery (usually, it takes 4 to 6 weeks),
- Fungal lesions of the mouth, gastrointestinal tract and urogenital system - until full recovery (4-6 weeks),
- Systemic mycoses - several months
- Prevention of fungal infections - the duration of treatment depends on the type and course of the underlying disease.
When mycosis of the eye is prescribed 1 tablet per day. For severe corneal lesions, an emulsion based on ketoconazole is also used. To do this, immediately before use, 1 tablet diluted in 5 ml of a 4.5% solution of boric acid, the resulting solution is instilled 5-6 times a day in the conjunctival sac.
Suppositories Ketoconazole is inserted deep into the vagina in the supine position with 1 candle 1 time per day for 3-5 days, for chronic candidiasis - 10 days.
Cream 1 time per day applied to skin lesions, capturing 2 cm of healthy areas. After the disappearance of the symptoms of the disease, treatment is recommended to continue for several more days. The average duration of therapy:
- Candidiasis and mold mycoses - 2-3 weeks,
- Dermatophytosis - 2-6 weeks
- Seborrheic dermatitis - 2-4 weeks (with this disease, the multiplicity of applications can be increased to 2 per day).
Ketoconazole shampoo is applied to the affected areas, left for 3-5 minutes, then washed off with water:
- Mold mycoses: treatment - 1 time per day for 5 days, prevention - 1 time per day for 3 days,
- Seborrheic dermatitis: treatment - 2 times a week for 2-4 weeks, prevention - once a week every 1-2 weeks,
- Dandruff: treatment - 1 every 3-4 days for 8 weeks, prevention - as needed, under the control of clinical manifestations.
Function and effect
Unlike its competitors, the tool has double effect:
- First, it is the implementation of direct functions, among which is the prevention and disposal of traces of dandruff, thanks to 2% of ketoconazole, which is contained in the shampoo.
- Secondly, this effect on damaged skin by eliminating the foci of inflammation. In addition, this product has anti-fungal and antiseptic effects, which has a positive effect on the speed of the healing process.
The shampoo has several healing functions:
- a marked improvement in the condition of the skin after using ketoconazole,
- reduction of fungus on the head,
- removal of dividing cells and "scales", the prevention of their appearance,
- prevention of sebum, hair greasiness.
If you want to improve the condition of your hair, special attention should be paid to shampoos that you use.
A frightening figure - in 97% of shampoos of famous brands are substances that poison our body. The main components, due to which all the troubles on the labels are designated as sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, coco sulfate. These chemicals destroy the structure of the hair, the hair becomes brittle, lose elasticity and strength, the color fades. But the worst thing is that this stuff gets into the liver, heart, lungs, accumulates in the organs and can cause cancer.
We advise you to abandon the use of funds in which these substances are located. Recently, experts of our editorial staff conducted an analysis of sulfate-free shampoos, where the first place was taken by funds from the company Mulsan Cosmetic. The only manufacturer of all-natural cosmetics. All products are manufactured under strict quality control and certification systems.
We recommend to visit the official online store mulsan.ru. If you doubt the naturalness of your cosmetics, check the expiration date, it should not exceed one year of storage.
Usually the ketoconazole concentration in the shampoo is 1-2 percent, so it can be used at the beginning of the course. 2 times a weekAnd when the effect appears, and the condition of the scalp improves, it will be enough once within 1-2 months.
Use shampoo advised people over 12 years old who have problems with fungal diseases, as well as dermatophytosis and candidiasis. Before purchasing a shampoo, you should consult with a trichologist and a dermatologist.
Scheme of application: apply a small amount of shampoo on moist hair, rub in the roots and skin thoroughly with massaging movements, and then distribute over the entire remaining length. Leave for 5 minutes. Wash off thoroughly with warm water so that the drug does not remain on the head. Fits for any hair typefor both men and women.
The course of application is designed for 2-4 weeks. At the same time should use antifungal drugs with ketoconazole, alternating them with regular shampoos.
Often in the shampoo with ketoconazole may include such drugs as:
- Cyclopirox, 1% (Sebiproks). It prevents the disease "seborrheic dermatitis", there is a result after the first use.
- Selenium sulfide. It affects the slowing down of cell division, kills and fights the fungus.
- Zinc pyrithione. Removes acute itching, burning, slows down and removes the effect of the fungus, penetrating into the deep tissues of the scalp. Included with Head and Shoulders and other well-known shampoos.
- Medical tar. It copes well with irritation and peeling of the skin, but is less effective in fighting fungus. Part of the shampoos Friderm Tar, T / Gel Neutrogena, Sebuto.
Possible adverse symptoms
Despite its usefulness, ketocanazole has a number of side effects that may affect the overall condition of the user. The fact is that the human body is arranged individually, therefore there is a possibility of protective reaction on certain components of the drug. In most cases, the composition of the shampoo does not contribute to the appearance of irritations or other symptoms.
Before using the shampoo, it is recommended to consult a doctor. In case of the following complications, it is not necessary to self-medicate:
- In some cases, the use of ketocanazole provokes skin diseases such as itching, local irritation of the skin, as well as the occurrence of contact dermatitis.
- Very rarely, an adverse reaction is manifested in the disruption of the sebaceous glands.
- The most unlikely symptom of rejection is a change in the amount of color in the hair color. Can occur in owners of gray or dyed hair.
This drug is not intended for oral administration. If this happened randomly, then there is the likelihood of the following symptoms:
- Contact with the drug in the eyes causes a burning sensation, which, if removed, should be flushed with water.
- In case of accidental shampoo ingestion into the oral cavity and subsequent ingress into the gastrointestinal tract, an upset stomach may be observed, accompanied by vomiting or diarrhea.
No need to try to eliminate these processes on their own, since treatment with unfamiliar drugs or questionable folk remedies can serve as a transition to a more difficult stage. The best way out of this situation is to stop using the product and immediately visit a dermatologist.