Baking soda, although it has a chemical nature, is considered a useful product for the beauty and health of hair. She washed the fat curls and brighten the dark hair, and still neutralize the color scheme, which after painting did not like. There are different opinions about how effective soda is for dandruff. Despite the rather serious contraindications and side effects, there are plenty of people willing to try out a folk remedy. Those to whom it came up, are delighted. Find out and you should whether to treat seborrhea with this food product.
"Sodium bicarbonate" or "sodium bicarbonate" - and it's all about her. Behind tricky definitions there is a kitchen assistant familiar to housewives — baking soda.
When combined with any acid (citric acid, acetic acid), the white crystalline powder emits a characteristic hiss and gives off carbon dioxide bubbles (“quenched”).
The second component of the decay process is water. Insofar as Sodium bicarbonate is an excellent acid neutralizer, it is actively used not only in cooking, but also in cosmetology, traditional medicine.
Composition and useful properties
Baking soda does not contain vitamins, but it is useful for hair with other components:
- sodium - natural cleanser. Its derivatives are part of many shampoos and detergents (you probably know that soda is washing dishes)
- selenium - restores, strengthens hair, protects them from the negative effects of the environment.
Scientists have shown that the fungus that provokes dandruff on the hair actively reproduces in an acidic environment. AND soda successfully alkalizes it by suppressing harmful microorganisms. Sodium bicarbonate dries and soothes inflamed skin, stimulates blood circulation.
Attention! Powdered remedy is a good scrub that exfoliates dead skin and carefully removes them. Timely cleansing of the dermis is one of the main rules for the prevention of dandruff on the hair.
Advantages and disadvantages
Thematic forums, blogs, reviews are full of user opinions on the use of conventional baking soda in the fight against dandruff. Many do not believe that a penny (and not even a pharmacy!) Tool helps to solve a problem that is beyond the power of even publicized shampoos.
However The positive properties of sodium bicarbonate are indisputable:
- cleans the skin of grease, dirt,
- has a gentle composition
- contributes to the regulation of the sebaceous glands. The amount of secreted sebaceous secretion decreases,
- normalizes the acid-base balance of the skin, thanks to which the beneficial microflora has more opportunities for development,
- dries the dermis,
- is a natural antibacterial agent that prevents the spread of fungal infections,
- relieves inflammation,
- eliminates itching,
- exfoliates and softens the skin,
- stimulates the blood supply and feeds the follicles with oxygen,
- makes hair soft, docile, healthier and more radiant with natural shine, not greasy,
- is inexpensive
- long stored and not spoiled.
If the box with sodium bicarbonate gets wet, dry the powder and then use it for its intended purpose. This will not affect the quality of the substance.
Despite the impressive list of benefits Dandruff treatment has the following disadvantages:
- in most cases it does not eliminate the cause, but fights only with the manifestations of the disease,
- suitable only for those who suffer from oily seborrhea of the head. Exception - dry white flakes with oily hair type,
- has serious contraindications
- may cause an allergic reaction, individual intolerance (this must be clarified in advance),
- badly washed off hair
- Sometimes it has a negative effect on dry hair, overdrying it even more,
- has a lightening effect, therefore, changes the color of the curls (especially with regular use). Exception - bleached and bleached hair.
Important! Dandruff treatment with soda is effective if the source of the problem is the activity of the fungus, a violation of local immunity and improper hair care. In other cases, to solve the problem of seborrhea will not work. You will constantly suffer relapses until you find out the cause of the disease.
To cases where Sodium bicarbonate can not be used under any conditions, include:
- soda allergy
- too sensitive scalp
- history of oncological diseases,
- inflammatory processes dermatological diseases in the acute phase. The use of the drug can cause itching, burning and even pain,
- insufficient production of sebum (dry, cracked skin),
- recent staining, except for highlighting and clarification. This is not a strict recommendation, but rather a warning against an unpleasant surprise in the form of leaching of artificial pigment.
The main contraindication is too frequent use of soda in the treatment of oily seborrhea. If you use the tool daily, the sebaceous glands may try to compensate for the lack of sebum, increasing its release.
On the other hand, a large amount of bicarbonate often dries the dermis, causing the appearance of dry dandruff on the hair. therefore Moderation is the key to balance.
Rules and features of use
- The shelf life of the powder is not limited, but some manufacturers indicate a warranty period of storage: about 1–1.5 years (open packs - weather). Carefully read the instructions, and keep the soda in a dry and dark place, away from products with a strong aroma.
- Doubt as sodium bicarbonate - before using it, drip a little vinegar into a small amount of dry matter. The absence of a hissing reaction is a sign that the drug is flawed. Do not use it to treat dandruff hair.
- If the recipe has several dry ingredients, first mix them with soda, and then dilute with water. Her temperature can be any.
- Check if you are allergic to soda medicine. Apply a little mixture to the place behind the ear and wait at least 15–20 minutes. Lack of burning, swelling, redness - a sign that the drug suits you.
- Rub the mask with soda into the scalp with gentle, gentle movements.
- Wash off any soda within 3–4 minutes after application.
- The frequency of use is individual for each recipe. In many ways, it depends on the symptoms and the course of the disease. But more often than 2 times a week, this treatment is not recommended.
- Observe dosages recommended for sodium bicarbonate preparations, otherwise can provoke hair loss.
- Watch carefully for changes in the hair, so as not to disturb the acid-base balance of the skin and not to make the curls dry.
- The course of treatment should not exceed a month. If during this period soda dandruff did not help, it is in vain to hope that the situation will change for the better in the future.
Council When preparing the headwash solution, start with 50–70 grams of powder for 2 liters of warm water. Gradually increase or decrease the dosage to find the optimal ratio of components for your hair. Maximum - 100 grams of sodium bicarbonate to 2 liters of water.
Simple mask with water
The easiest way to get rid dandruff associated with excess fat on the hair:
- dilute about 40 grams of powder with water to get a thick, mushy mixture,
- drip a little olive or rosemary,
- gently rub the hair roots,
- After 3 minutes, rinse. Another way is to dissolve a tablespoon of powder with a glass of water and distribute it in curls, massage and rinse.
Soda + salt
Such Mask is contraindicated for owners of dry hair, but when oily seborrhea has a scrubbing, peeling effect:
- combine in equal quantities soda and salt (you can sea). To start, take a tablespoon of both ingredients, and then adjust the amount as needed,
- dilute with water or shampoo until you get a thick mixture,
- spread on the scalp, rinse after 3 minutes.
Mask of soda with oatmeal
Unlike many sodium bicarbonate recipes, this suitable for dandruff on dry hair:
- turn 30 grams of cereal into flour,
- mix with the same amount of soda,
- dilute with hot water until a thick consistency
- spread on the hair roots
- wash off the foam with plenty of water.
Two active components enhance the action of each other, eliminating the hair from white flakes, making them strong, soft, obedient:
- measure 40 grams of natural honey and 50–60 grams of powder,
- turn the ingredients into a thick cream,
- carefully distribute the roots of the curls,
- after 4, maximum 5 minutes rinse.
Composition with egg and vodka
Be careful: the alcohol overdries the skin. In general, such a mask is able to rid dandruff of hair, provides additional nutrition to the dermis:
- mix 20 grams of soda, chicken egg, 40 grams of quality alcohol and 100 milliliters of pure water,
- turning everything into a homogeneous mass, apply it on the scalp,
- wash off after 4–5 minutes.
Council In any recipe, you can replace the water with herbal decoction. When seborrhea, calendula, chamomile, nettle and other plants are recommended.
Soda mask recipes are easy to prepare and easy to use. Due to the short exposure time, they can be considered express means for beauty and health of hair. Nevertheless, they have a long lasting effect. This is true when the reason for the appearance of white flakes is not a serious malfunction of the body, the wrong way of life.
Dandruff treatment with soda will help if your shampoo doesn’t effectively cleanse the scalp, hair, and cannot cope with the abundance of secreted fat, causing seborrhea. Of course, sodium bicarbonate inhibits the development of fungus. However, if the body has favorable conditions for its development (chronic ailments of internal organs, hormonal disruption, tumors, and others), the soda will be impotent.
Therefore, do not place too much hope on an effective, but far from universal drug, and in the treatment of seborrhea, start from finding its cause.
How to deal with dandruff at home.
Treatment of seborrhea (dandruff) at home.
Advantages and disadvantages of the product
The alkaline property of soda helps gently cleanse the scalp of dirt and prevent dandruff. Additional advantages when using bicarbonate:
- affordable product in its price range,
- soda treatment makes hair soft and silky,
- hair is easy to comb after application
- shine and volume of hair appear,
- protects hair from hard water
- individual intolerance is possible,
- can not be used for wounds and scratches on the scalp,
- unsuitable method of getting rid of dandruff with dry and brittle hair,
- can not be used for problems with blood circulation,
- with improper use leads to the aggravation of diseases of the scalp.
Mask with soda and water
Mix 1 tablespoon of bicarbonate with a glass of warm water and add a little shampoo. Wash your hair in the usual way, paying attention to the scalp.
Mask with oatmeal.
Grind 30 g of oatmeal in flour, add 30 g of soda, pour water until a mushy mixture is formed. Rub into the scalp, wash off after the formation of foam.
Sodium Bicarbonate Shampoo
25 grams of soda diluted in filtered water 200 ml, add 40 grams of shampoo used. Apply shampoo with soda 2 times a week.
Reviews of these masks are impressive, however, if all the above methods did not help in the fight against dandruff, you should contact a trichologist or a dermatologist.
When applying these masks, you should adhere to the following rules:
- Baking soda should be with a valid expiration date.
- Observe dosage. If you feel discomfort or dryness, it is worth it, either to reduce the concentration, or to stop using masks at all.
- The mask is applied to the scalp with gentle massage movements.
- Keep a soda-based mask for no longer than 5 minutes.
- Apply masks immediately before shampooing.
- Do not use on dyed hair.
- Conduct a skin test, the reaction of soda.
- Use no more than 2 times a week.
How to achieve sustainable results
If bicarbonate has helped in the fight against dandruff, it’s too early to be glad that dandruff doesn’t appear again:
- wash your hair regularly
- do not use other people's hats, combs, rubber bands,
- eat right, especially eliminate excessive consumption of fatty foods,
- increase the intake of vitamins and microelements,
- add to the diet of fresh fruits and vegetables,
- use a mask as a prevention against dandruff.
Soda is truly simple, but at the same time unique product. Its use is not limited to cooking and traditional medicine, it is actively used as a bleach and cleaner, it is also used to reduce water hardness.
Hair is a decoration for both women and men. At the same time, they, before other tissues and organs, react to the lack of any vitamin. The main task of the body is to distribute the obtained vitamins for life important organs, and only after the remaining vitamins are distributed to the hair and skin. Remains they are not always enough, therefore, in order not to conduct anti-dandruff treatment, it is better to monitor your diet and lifestyle.
Soda against dandruff: the truth or fiction?
To get rid of dandruff, television advertising intrusively recommends expensive tools, asserting that only they can solve this problem. But 6tu4ka.ru. strongly disagree with them and today will tell you about one affordable, inexpensive and effective anti-dandruff remedy - baking soda.
The fact that baking soda is a very useful thing is known to any hostess and always keeps a pack in her kitchen. Soda is used in cooking, cleaning dishes, and successfully used for cosmetic purposes. If about teeth whitening, getting rid of sweat and washing your hair has long been known, then very few people know about the treatment of dandruff with soda.
In order for you to believe that this is true, you first need to understand why it appears. The main culprit in the development of dandruff is a fungus, but there are several reasons for its appearance:
- wrong hair care (rare or too frequent shampooing),
- lack of vitamins
- weakening of immunity
- poor nutrition,
- physical fatigue,
- disease of the gastrointestinal tract.
To get rid of dandruff, first of all it is necessary to exclude all the factors that provoke its appearance, and, in parallel with this, clean the head from it. This is exactly where baking soda will help, because it has a wonderful peeling property.
When rubbed into the scalp, soda and dandruff are mixed with excess fat, and all this dirt is washed off with water, but the skin and fat balance is not disturbed, and therefore the skin does not overdry, unlike some advertised shampoos.
Dandruff will help, even if you just add a little to the shampoo
Dandruff treatment with soda: folk recipes
- 4 tsp of soda diluted in a small amount of water, stir and, rubbing well, apply the mixture to the scalp. Hold for about 3 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Pour a glass of warm water into any empty bottle, pour a tablespoon of soda there and add a cap of shampoo.Shake the mixture well and wash it with your head. Oily hair can be washed once a week, but dry - no more than 2 times a month.
- Half a glass of water, an egg, Art. Spoon soda and 5 h. Spoons of vodka combine and mix well. Apply over the entire length of the hair, massaging the scalp, and rinse with water with the addition of citric acid.
- Mix one tablespoon of soda and salt, dilute with warm water to the consistency of sour cream, rub into the scalp and immediately wash off.
Soda and dandruff: good or bad
Soda is non-toxic and, if used correctly, it will not be able to cause any harm to health. Although for every rule there is always an exception, so soda should be handled carefully, especially:
- if the scalp is very sensitive, then an allergic reaction or itching is possible,
- if the hair has been dyed, then the soda can easily wash off this paint.
Treatment with soda is more suitable for owners of oily hair, but if your hair is very thin, dry, split and broken, then it is better not to risk it and look for some other method of getting rid of dandruff.
Dandruff soda: to avoid relapse
And then a miracle happened, the soda helped you and the dandruff disappeared. What's next? Nothing complicated, the main thing, remember that in order for dandruff not to return, it is necessary:
- to maintain hygiene (do not use someone else's comb),
- keep hair clean
- limit the use of flour, fatty, salty and spicy foods,
- eat more vegetables and fruits
- in the fall and spring to increase immunity to take vitamins.
Anti-dandruff soda is a great tool that has been tested by several generations. Therefore, if you have dandruff, then do not be afraid, try to fight it with soda. Believe me, the result will pleasantly surprise you.
Important: dandruff may be a symptom of a serious skin disease. Therefore, if all the measures taken did not help you, then no longer engage in self-medication, but urgently seek the advice of a dermatologist.
Why does dandruff appear?
The appearance of this disease is caused by a violation of the production of sebaceous secretions and a significant change in the chemical composition of sebum. The causes of violations are very different:
- Violation of the diet (increased consumption of fatty and sugary foods), hypovitaminosis.
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene measures, constant contamination of the skin and hair.
- Puberty, characterized by increased hormone production.
- Oily seborrheic dermatitis may occur as a result of excessive sebum production, which decreases the sterilizing properties of the sebaceous secretions.
- The cause of dry seborrhea of the scalp can be the Malassezia Furfur fungus, which is activated with impaired immunity and violates the natural exfoliation of the skin. The fungus also causes itching and changes in hair structure.
How does soda help with dandruff?
Soda (sodium bicarbonate) allows you to quickly and effectively get rid of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis due to the mild exfoliating and cleansing action. Soda powder crystals play the role of a mild “abrasive”, gently removing dead skin particles, while the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect soothes irritation and reduces inflammation, preventing the development of fungi.
Dandruff treatment with soda has a lot of advantages:
- The greasy shine disappears, the fat content of the scalp normalizes.
- The reproduction of fungi ceases, the normal exfoliation cycle is restored.
- Itching and irritation disappear.
- The hair becomes normal, the hair structure is restored.
It is important to remember that it is quite rare to completely remove dandruff with soda powder. Since the causes of seborrhea often lie in hormonal imbalance or other problems, treatment with sodium bicarbonate is an auxiliary measure. When seborrheic dermatitis appears, consult with the trichologist to determine the causes of the disease and select the optimal treatment.
Soda solutions and masks can not be used with overdry and too fragile locks. Also, the treatment is contraindicated in the presence of wounds and ulcers on the skin of the head. More information about the use of soda for hair, we wrote in the last article.
How to get rid of dandruff with soda?
Soda rinses and masks with soda and other components that are easily prepared at home can help you get rid of dandruff with soda.
The easiest and most popular recipe is water-soda mixture:
- Take 1 tbsp. l baking soda and dilute in warm water. The proportions of the mixture - 1: 2 (1 tablespoon of a substance per 2 tablespoons of water). Apply on strands, massage and rinse, thoroughly washing the hair.
- With insufficient cleaning effect can be added to the mixture 1 tbsp. your usual shampoo.
- If you have too greasy curls - you need to wash your hair 2 times a week, if your hair is brittle and dry - no more than 1 time in two weeks. On too dry strands after application, apply a moisturizing mask or balsam.
If it is not possible to prepare a medical mixture, you can use dry soda powder. The method of application is simple:
- Apply powder on hair growth. The amount of soda depends on the length of your curls.
- Massage, then rinse with water. Powder helps to wash off excess fat and remove the unpleasant greasy shine.
An effective remedy for dandruff are sea buckthorn oil and tea tree oil. They can be added as a soda mixture, and used as a regenerating mask.
If you are going to change the color of the hair, then read on how to wash off the paint with soda.
Soda and dandruff shampoo
For the treatment of seborrhea soda, you can combine it with the usual shampoo. This recipe is suitable for those who want to get rid of dandruff, but do not want to give up their favorite shampoo.
- Add 20-30 grams. soda at 40 oz. your shampoo, mix thoroughly.
- Use this combination once a week.
For severely brittle and dry curls, reduce the frequency of soda shampoo to 1 time in two weeks. At other times, use the usual means for the hair.
Dandruff treatment with soda and salt
With folk and soda easily prepared folk remedy that allows you to effectively deal with oily seborrhea.
- Mix 1 tbsp. soda powder and the same amount of sea salt.
- Add water to the mixture until you get a creamy thick mass. Spread it over the head, massage and rinse with plenty of water.
Also getting rid of seborrhea will bring other popular recipes with baking soda. Consider them further.
Soda Mask With Nettle
Pour boiling water over 40 grams. crushed nettle leaves, mix with 20 grams. baking soda and 400 ml. vodka. Soak the mixture in a dark place for a week, strain through the gauze before use to get rid of the leaves and sediment.
To prepare you need 200 ml. water and 150 grams. soda powder. Use the solution for rinsing the strands after washing, if within 2 weeks the problem with dandruff does not disappear - increase the amount of powder to 200 grams.
Anton, 34 years old, Voronezh.
Previously used advertised shampoos that promise a quick cure for dandruff. There was no result at all - just wasting money. I started reading forums and reviews about folk methods, I came across a description of dandruff treatment with ordinary soda. At first I didn’t believe it, but when I started using it, it turned out that soda solutions really help to get rid of dandruff in a few tricks.
Ksenia, 26 years old, Murmansk.
A dermatologist advised to treat seborrhea with special shampoos. Unfortunately, the scalp of them only got worse. I thought that I would never cope with the problem, but my friend advised using dandruff soda, adding it to the shampoo. The result struck, girls - I advise everyone to definitely try this method.
In the video, a successful experiment to get rid of dandruff with soda.
Soda as a remedy for dandruff on the head
Soda, or sodium bicarbonate, is used in many areas of human life. In particular, baking soda helps to remove dandruff. This substance is a good fat converter, so it is often used to wash oily hair.
Modern shampoos do not have the promised effect, and often can harm health. It is known that some of the components in their composition, in the middle of the last century, were used to clean the metal parts of military equipment. The price of such shampoos is quite high.
Soda is a natural product, moreover, affordable and inexpensive, with which you can remove dandruff on the head. Therefore, from an economic point of view, baking soda is advantageous, and the result of its use is more tangible.
The advantages of soda include:
- Cheap and affordable,
- Not annoying, qualitatively exfoliates old skin,
- Restores hair
- It is an antibacterial agent
- Improves the quality of hair, making them silky and docile.
Dandruff soda application methods
To get rid of dandruff, using baking soda, you can make a mask-scrub, shampoo, or rinse.
You can use soda in its natural form. To do this, apply the powder to the hair with massage movements and then rinse with water. Soda will absorb dirt and grease and destroy dandruff.
Applying a scrub mask will not only destroy dandruff, but also improve blood circulation. It is applied to the hair roots for 3-4 minutes, massaged and then washed off with water.
You can wash your hair with baking soda diluted in water with a natural shampoo (a small amount of it).
Recipes at home quickly and efficiently
Consider the most effective and common recipes based on soda.
Mix soda (two tablespoons) with 2 tablespoons of rosemary essential oil. First, hold the hair on the roots for about 5 minutes, and then rub, wash off with water. In the mask, you can enter sea buckthorn oil.
Any of the listed funds should not be used for more than 30 days, since after this period it becomes addictive, and this will not bring any benefit.
At the same time, it is advisable to use special medicinal shampoos, gels and creams that reduce inflammation.
Reviews on the use of soda dandruff
You can leave your comments on the use of soda against dandruff, they will be useful to other users of the site!
Elena Sergacheva, 42 years
I washed my hair with soda and it saved me from dandruff. It was like this: right in the palms we slightly wetted, got something similar to sour cream (but not until the soda was completely dissolved!) And rubbed it into the skin and hair.
But it is necessary (!) To use the balm, because without it the hair is very difficult to comb.
Tatyana Bezukh, 25 years old
I understood that soda is just something wonderful. I admit, did not know that with it you can solve the problem with dandruff. I will try.
Natalia Dmitrienko, 34 years old
The first time my shampoo from soda hair did not wash well enough. There was no volume and no lightness. But dandruff disappeared.
Olga Semenova, 25 years old
After using baking soda, dandruff disappeared. And further. Now I can not dissolve the hair - I wear them only in a hairstyle or braid pigtails, because my hair is now lush!
Olga Shevchenko, 19 years old
I decided for myself: soda is an excellent means to not use shampoos, as well as to destroy dandruff. Nevertheless, it is not enough for me just cooked baking soda. I will try shampoos cooked at home with herbs. And I'll just wash my hair with soda.
Natalia Dmitrievna, 22 years
I tried it, I personally managed to do it and, most importantly, it helped. But the mask with soda kept less time than the prescription, I was afraid to burn hair. Thanks for the helpful tips.
Marina Kachur, 25 years old
Previously, she did not believe about soda and was just skeptical of these products, but now, when all these advertising shampoos did not produce any result, she decided to switch to recipes with soda. And she really helped! Thanks for the recipes. I will use constantly.
Alla Potapova, 34 years old
My grandmother told me how she washed her hair with soda, because there were no shampoos during the war and after. And now I use it myself. The grandmother was right, the main thing here is to observe the measure, so as not to overdry the scalp, and be sure to use a balm. Then your hair will retain its beauty.
Marina Anatolyevna, 48 years old
Dandruff discovered recently. I already went to the pharmacy, wanted to find something for dandruff, but on the way I met a neighbor and shared my problem with her. She shared with me several ways to get rid of dandruff using regular soda. I followed her advice. A month later, dandruff is gone!
Love, 21 years old
I never thought that I would get dandruff. But, having discovered it, I was shocked and began to search the Internet for ways to solve my problem. I chose a mask with oatmeal and soda from a large number of baking soda recipes that can be made by myself. I did this mask infrequently -1 once a week. And very soon my problem was solved, and my hair changed: they became soft and pleasant, like silk. Now I use baking soda all the time (I take a break every 30 days) - there is no dandruff.
Julia Dubrovina, 20 years old
For as long as I can remember, dandruff is always with me. Sometimes she seemed to disappear, and then it turned out that I was wrong. I tried all sorts of cosmetics and medicines, but the positive result was short-lived. I recognized the mask with soda and egg in some kind of gear and tried it on myself. A month later, dandruff disappeared somewhere, and I forgot about my problem! I could not even imagine that a soda and some 5 minutes a couple of times a week (this was the time I spent on my hair) would give such a wonderful result.
Victoria Peredery, 29 years old
I prepare all sorts of masks for hair care according to popular recipes at home. But when she suddenly found dandruff in her, she was just confused: she faced such a problem for the first time. Helped mask with honey and simple soda. Every week, 2 times for a few minutes put a mask on her hair. After a while, the dandruff disappeared, and the hair became just beautiful. I am pleased with the result.
Recipes for use in cosmetology baking soda is not so little. Before checking their effectiveness on yourself, you need to familiarize yourself with some simple tips.
1. It is forbidden to use expired product. Otherwise, it increases the likelihood of allergies.
2. Many recipes say that soda is diluted with water. The temperature of the second does not matter. If the recipe of the mask prepared at home, involves the use of not only soda, but also other components, then you first need to mix them all, and then add water.
3. It is very important to comply with all dosages. You should not add as much of this or that product as possible in the hope of getting the maximum effect.
4. The use of masks of this type implies rubbing them into the scalp and root zone of the hair. No need to apply them along the entire length of the curls.
5. Mask with baking soda can be on the hair for no more than 5 minutes, and in some cases it should be completely washed off immediately after application and the formation of foam. At this point, you should pay special attention, since exceeding the above time can cause allergic reactions (redness, itching) or hair loss.
There are some situations when the use of homemade anti-dandruff masks based on soda is undesirable. These include cases:
- individual intolerance to the substance.In this case, you can not only achieve the desired effect, but also provoke the appearance of redness and itching, as well as hair loss,
- scratches or wounds on the scalp
- when curls are thin, dry, brittle and strongly split (similar products are intended for owners of greasy hair),
- having problems with blood circulation.
Useful properties of soda
This product acts against the fungus when it occurs on dry scalp. The tool cleans dead cells, acting like a scrub. It is also effective if the disease caused the fungus.
Sodium bicarbonate, which consists of soda, acts by neutralizing the acidic environment, contributing to the development of the fungus and the appearance of a large number of dead skin scales. The product defats and dries the skin, so it is ideal for oily strands.
Judging by the reviews, alkaline properties fight the skin fungus and gently cleanse the skin of impurities, preventing the problem from re-occurring. Bicarbonate has the following positive properties:
- the product is cheap and sold in any supermarket,
- protects the hair from hard water
- gives hair volume and shine.
The tool is not recommended to use in the following cases:
- there are irritations or wounds on the head. The use of the product will increase the discomfort
- there is an allergy to the product,
- skin is very dry
- the curls are painted with paint,
If the scalp is dry, then the fungus appears because of this problem. The base of the strands is not fat, so you can not wash your hair for a long time, but at the same time the hair looks good.
This means that the subcutaneous sebaceous glands do not function and do not produce enough sebum.
In this case, the soda will aggravate the situation, so it is better to use other methods.
Also, the tool is not recommended for stained curls. If the paint is not resistant, the soda will remove a certain amount of coloring matter. As a result, you can get unevenly colored hair. If the strands are brightened or stained with a persistent dye, the product can be used.
Soda solution is the active substance. We can not allow him to get in the eyes. In the reviews, the girls write about the strong discomfort when baking soda gets into your eyes.
In this case, they need to be washed with clean water, and then bury the “artificial tear” for several days. The tool easily injures the cornea, so tearing can be difficult.
Recipes for home use
With the help of soda you can get rid of dandruff on your own at home. There are many effective recipes based on bicarbonate. They can be combined with the use of the purchased drug from this problem.
The scrub mask works well. Take:
- 4 tsp. bicarbonate,
- 4 tsp. water.
The product is rubbed into clean wet strands. For oily hair, the scrub is used once a week, and for dry hair - in a week, not more often.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Carefully rub the gruel into the roots of the strands, massage for 1 minute.
- Wait 3 minutes, rinse with cold water.
Another way to use soda from the fungus is suitable if there are a couple of free hours available. It will take:
- 1 l of water
- 20 g of bicarbonate,
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
Holders of dry strands are recommended to reduce the amount of bicarbonate to 10-15 g. This is necessary to prevent over-drying of the hair.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Apply to the roots of the hair, leave for 2 hours.
- Wash off the composition, rinse curls with a solution of vinegar. To do this, stir a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a liter of water.
After use, there may be an unpleasant smell. To avoid this, citric acid is recommended instead of vinegar. If you are allergic to honey, replace it with 1 egg yolk. Also in the recipe you can add 1 teaspoon of brandy to improve blood circulation.
Shampoo from soda solution will help to get rid of the problem. Would need:
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate,
- 1 cup of ground oatmeal,
- 10 g honey
- 40 grams of salt.
Honey and salt are added per 60 g of shampoo. Moisten the strands slightly before using.
- Prepare a soda solution. To do this, mix water with bicarbonate, add ground oatmeal, honey, salt.
- Rub the mixture in a gentle motion until foaming. After 15 minutes, rinse and rinse the strands with a decoction of herbs.
If there is no time for the preparation of funds, you can take any shampoo without phosphates and parabens and add soda to it. For one portion of shampoo enough 5 g of bicarbonate.
When using masks and shampoo with this product, follow a few rules:
- See expiration date means. Overdue product is harmful
- check the skin reaction to the product
- use the remedy a maximum of twice a week. If you use it more often, you can dry your hair and get the opposite effect,
- use a mask before washing the head,
- Apply the product with massage movements. Act gently and carefully, as sudden movements can damage the skin, which is already irritated,
- rinse the hair with cold water and make sure that there are no tiny particles left
- strictly follow the dosage. If dryness or discomfort occurs, reduce the amount of the product or replace it with another agent.
Recipe means with soda, which acts against the fungus, my mother gave me. Risked to try and not regretted. I have greasy hair, so I cleaned them of excess fat. On dry strands should not be used, I think.
I found a lot of dandruff on my head. Long tried to get rid of this problem, but only soda helped. About a month added it to the shampoo and washed their heads. The hair was a little drier, but the problem disappeared.
My sister recommended me to treat this product. I didn’t expect improvement in a week. Now I use soda for prevention.
If you like it - share with friends:
The appearance of dandruff is always accompanied by the appearance of some irritation on the skin. Often there is peeling and redness of its individual sections. A man constantly pulls his hair, trying to get rid of dead cells. Of course, from the side it does not look very presentable. Sometimes at the most inopportune moment dandruff crumbles, causing its owner aesthetic inconvenience. Most people are embarrassed to demonstrate to others the problems of such a plan, preferring to ignore them. Using baking soda helps to effectively deal with all such manifestations.
Improves blood circulation
Any treatment should begin with the elimination of the causes of the disease. Baking soda against dandruff is remarkable, which improves blood circulation, which affects the sebaceous glands. It begins to produce less fat, respectively, reduces the risk of recurrence of dandruff. Lipid metabolism is also restored.
As a result of applying soda, hair looks shiny, healthy and beautiful. It seems that they are cared for using professional shampoo with the participation of all additional components. However, in practice it turns out that it is not at all necessary to buy expensive cosmetics. In fact, this does not guarantee at least a satisfactory result. Dandruff treatment with soda is quite effective, especially in cases where a person has no contraindications against its use. Externally, the hair becomes well-groomed and begin to attract attention from the best side.
If, after using recipes with soda, redness or flaking is observed on the skin, it is better to stop further treatment. So, there is a hidden allergy to soda and it is better to try not to abuse this tool. Redness threatens dryness, additional skin problems, which should be avoided by all means.
Hair that has ever been dyed is made more sensitive to any external influences. They become especially sensitive, sometimes they feel tougher to the touch. That is why they need special care and attention. It is not recommended to use baking soda as a dandruff remedy, if less than a week has passed since the dyeing. Otherwise, you can greatly harm the hair. Few people will want to further correct the consequences of their hasty actions, mess with numerous masks, resort to additional therapeutic effects. It is better to think about how it should be, and even then make the final decision.
Any skin rash is a significant obstacle to trying to cure dandruff with baking soda. Serious diseases such as eczema, atopic dermatitis or psoriasis create contraindications to the use of soda. Otherwise, you can only strengthen the course of the disease, which will lead to more severe consequences.
If there are problems with the hair itself, such as breakage or split ends, you should try to restore them first. Do not use soda to harm yourself. After all, against the dandruff, there are a lot of products, both of national origin, and cosmetic options.
Thus, the use of baking soda is a great way to get rid of dandruff. In the matter of self-care and his appearance a person, as a rule, independently makes a decision, guided by individual preferences. Using this simple tool allows you to achieve a satisfactory result in a relatively short time.