Many girls complain that their hair after winter become dull and brittle. As we have already told you, winter is not the best period for beautiful hair. Temperature changes, hat, dry air in the office and at home due to the heating devices turned on at full power, woolen things that increase electrification - these factors have a negative impact on the health of hair in winter. Therefore, spring is just the time when you need to seriously deal with their appearance. Home hair masks can help your hair, give it a lively and well-groomed look, the recipes of which are given in this article.
To enhance their nutritional effect and improve local blood circulation, it is very useful to begin the procedure with a scalp massage. The massage is performed with the fingertips in the direction from the edge of the hair growth to the crown. And so that he brings a scrubbing effect, wet your fingers with water and dip them in coffee grounds or fine salt, if the hair is blond. Of course, this procedure should be carried out BEFORE washing the head.
Glycerin hair mask
To prepare a revitalizing hair mask, combine to a uniform consistency:
- yolk (one),
- glycerin (10 drops),
- ascorbic acid (1 ampoule), you can purchase it in a pharmacy, packing 10 pcs. It costs about 30-35 rubles,
- warm boiled water or herbal infusion (3 large spoons). You can use chamomile, nettle, oak bark (for dark hair).
Putting a glycerin mask
- Wash your head before applying the mask.
- Apply the resulting composition to damp hair evenly with a dye brush or with your hands.
- Cover the hair with food film or a regular cellophane bag, warm with a towel or a cap on top.
- After half an hour, you can wash the mask off with warm water.
Vegetable Hair Mask
To make this extremely effective mask you need:
- juice squeezed from a large onion,
- juice squeezed from two cloves of garlic,
- spoon of honey
- spoon apple cider vinegar,
- spoon of yogurt,
- spoon of herbal infusion or warm boiled water.
- Depending on the length of your hair, as a measure, use a teaspoon or tablespoon. Combine all the listed components in a cup.
- The resulting mix must be evenly distributed on the hair.
- Then you should put on a plastic cap for a shower or a bag, add a warming cap or wrap with a towel on top.
- This mask should affect the hair for about an hour, after which it is necessary to rinse your head with shampoo using a large amount of water. Rinse water to acidify with lemon juice or vinegar.
- Don't worry about the smell - it is completely neutralized with acid.
Tip: if the smell for some reason has not been eliminated, use mint essential oil (a couple of drops) dissolved in olive or any other vegetable oil. Apply the composition to the hair and rinse with shampoo. Mint has a very strong aroma and therefore perfectly neutralizes other odors.
Important: before using honey, essential oils and other probable allergens, you should consult a dermatologist or conduct a test at home. Apply a possible allergen to the inside of the elbow, bend your arm. If within 24 hours you do not feel irritation on the skin and other signs of indisposition, the composition can be used.
Household hair care rules
Home hair care needs to start with proper washing and drying of hair:
- Before washing the head, you need to comb the curls well, so that during the water procedures the existing nodules are not even more entangled.
- Wash your hair as necessary, depending on the degree of contamination.
- If the hair is greasy and require frequent washing, then you need to choose a mild shampoo that is suitable for daily use.
- It is best to use soft distilled water or well water for water procedures, and tap water must be boiled and allowed to stand before use.
- Foaming shampoo should be in the palm, not on the head. At the same time, it is not worth rubbing the curls and scratching the scalp with your nails.
- Wash away shampoo and other products with warm water, too hot liquid stimulates increased sebum production.
- The use of rinse, balm or conditioner is required. Apply them to the ends and half the length, and wash off these funds better with cool water.
- It is impossible to rub and twist hair with a towel. You need to slightly squeeze the hair and wrap a towel. In this case, the maximum time to wear a “turban” is 15 minutes.
- It is better to dry the hair in a natural way without using a hair dryer or ironing, and if there is an urgent need to use thermometers, then use them in a cold mode.
- Before going to bed you should definitely comb already dried hair and braid it in a free braid to avoid entanglement during sleep.
- Once a week, a scalp massage is needed to improve blood circulation, which helps strengthen and grow hair.
Good companions of daily home hair care are centuries-old folk recipes.
How to make natural shampoo?
More and more modern women prefer natural shampoos, the effectiveness and safety of which is confirmed by many years of experience in use. Consider the recipes for excellent homemade shampoos for different types of hair:
- Nettle for weak hairs. Pour 100 g of nettle leaves with 1 liter of water, add 400 ml of apple cider vinegar. Put on the fire and boil for 25 minutes, strain. Add 400-600 ml of nettle broth to the basin with water and wash your hair.
- Mustard for oily hair. Dilute in 1 liter of warm soft water 1 tbsp. mustard Apply the solution on the head and gently massage at the roots, rinse. Mustard perfectly eliminates greasy shine.
- Gelatinous for dull hairs. Mix 1 tbsp. regular shampoo, 1 tbsp. powdered gelatin and 1 yolk. Beat all the ingredients slowly and apply on a moist hair, hold for 7-10 minutes, rinse.
- Rye for rapid growth. Soak a slice of rye bread to a liquid slurry and rub the locks with the mixture, leave for 5-7 minutes on the head, then rinse thoroughly with plenty of water.
- Yolk-oil for dry hairs. Mix 1 chicken yolk with 1 tsp. olive or castor oil. The resulting mixture is applied to the hair roots, gently massage, and then spread over the entire dyne and rinse.
Choose any favorite recipe for natural hair shampoo at home.
Homemade masks according to popular recipes
Masks for hair, prepared at home according to popular recipes contain only natural ingredients and no synthetic compounds. Homemade masks bring only benefits for the density, beauty and health of the hair, and to prepare them yourself using simple recipes with herbs and other natural ingredients will not be difficult:
- Quince from excessive fat. From 1-2 fruits of ripe quince cut the fruit cores with seeds. Cut the cores pour 200 ml of water, put on a slow fire and boil for 2 minutes. Mask broth rubbed into the scalp for 40-60 minutes, you can not rinse.
- Cognac for strengthening and density. Remove the film with 1-2 yolks, mix with 2 tbsp. cognac and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Apply the mask on the scalp at partings, on the roots of the hair, and distribute the remaining mixture in the hair and massage the head for 2-3 minutes. Then put on a warming cap for 45 minutes, then wash off the mask and rinse curls with lime or mint decoction.
- Grass from falling out. Mix 1 tsp. herbs nettle, hop cones, birch leaves, calendula flowers and coltsfoot. Pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist, strain and rub into the scalp and hair with a cotton swab. You can not flush.
- From aloe for treatment. Mix 1 tsp. aloe juice (agave), 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp. lemon juice 1 minced garlic clove. Thoroughly mix and wipe the mask in the roots of the hairstyle, wear a warming cap. After 30-40 minutes, rinse and rinse the mixture with chamomile decoction.
- Oily for nutrition. Mix 15 drops of tea tree oil, 10 drops of cedar oil, 10 drops of rosemary oil and 100 ml of aloe juice. Shake all the ingredients, put in a dark place and insist for 5-7 days, shaking the mixture daily. After shaking the solution, gently rub a small amount of the mask into the scalp after each wash.
- Honey from excessive dryness. Mix 1 tbsp. natural liquid honey, 1 tbsp. sunflower oil, 1 tbsp. Milk and 3 tbsp. low-fat cottage cheese. Apply on head and hold for 30-40 minutes, then rinse strands thoroughly. This mask perfectly nourishes the skin and restores dry and damaged curls.
- Clay for shine. Brew 10 grams of chamomile flowers in a glass of boiling water, insist 5 minutes, drain. In chamomile decoction, add 100 g of fux clay in powder form, 100 ml of coconut oil, 30 ml of apple cider vinegar, 10 drops of peppermint essential oil. Apply the mixture on the head and gently massage for 5 minutes, rinse with plenty of water. Then apply a balm or conditioner on the hair and rinse.
Homemade hair masks stimulate blood circulation in the hair follicles, which gives an excellent firming and regenerating effect when used regularly (1-2 times a week).
Recipes for natural hair rinses
Hair care at home is unthinkable without rinsing and toning hair. As a conditioner and conditioner after shampooing, you can use natural recipes of various extracts and extracts of herbs. Vegetable decoctions soften hair, stimulate their growth, increase the keratinous layer, and also treat for hair loss and dandruff.
- Pour 4 tbsp. calamus root 500 ml of boiled water and insist 45-60 minutes. Apply for 6-8 weeks to stop hair falling out, dandruff disappeared, and the roots strengthened.
- For light hair, acidified water will be a good rinse: add the juice of half a lemon to 1 liter of boiled water and rinse the hair for 1.5-2 months with this solution.
- Mix 2 tbsp of herbs (nettle, burdock root, hops, horsetail, coltsfoot, calamus root) and pour 1 liter of boiling water, boil for 2 minutes, leave for 20-25 minutes, drain.
- To shine hair, add 50 g of parsley 500 ml of water and boil for 10-15 minutes, strain and add 2 tablespoons. vinegar.
- For dark hair: pour 2 tbsp. black tea with 1 liter of boiling water and boil for 3-5 minutes. Filter and apply to refresh shade and gloss.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp. spoon bark of oak or pine needles and cook in 1 liter of water over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Cool and strain.
- For dry hair, you need 2 tbsp. spoonful of peppermint or mallow flowers pour 1 cup boiling water, leave for 30 minutes, filter and apply for the purpose.
- The aroma will give your hair a rinse: in 500 ml of warm water, add 7-10 drops of rosemary oil or tea tree.
- The hair will be thick and lush if you wash it after washing 0.5 liters of light beer without foam.
- Pour 100 grams of rowan leaves or 50 grams of rowan fruit, 100 grams of nettle and juice of half a lemon 1.5 liters of cold water, put on fire, bring to a boil and boil for 20-25 minutes. Strain.
- Dilute in a glass of milk 1 tsp. salt, rinse milk-salt hair, then rinse with clean water.
For beauty and density of hair, you can apply different rinses based on any herbs at the rate of 2 tbsp. herbs for 1 liter of water.
Vitamins for beauty hairstyles
Home hair care also includes their makeup with various mineral and multivitamin complexes. In addition to the use of effective masks to grow hair faster, look healthy and shiny, it is necessary to provide it with vitamins, taking them with food in the form of tablets or suspensions, or apply externally, rubbing into the scalp, liquid from ampoules saturated with vitamins.
Hair, above all, lacks the following vitamins:
- retinol acetate - vitamin A (used together with vitamin E),
- Thiamine - Vitamin B1,
- Riboflavin - vitamin B2,
- pyridoxine - vitamin b6,
- Cyanocobalamin - vitamin B12,
- tocopherol - vitamin E.
This is a list of vitamins most needed for healthy hair. Vitamin injections can be added to various masks and solutions for rinsing hair.
Thus, to maintain the beauty, shine and health of hair, regular care and hair care at home are necessary. Therefore, you should not neglect the daily grooming and recurrent treatment and restorative hair treatments.
Why does hair become weak after winter?
In everyday life, every girl or woman noticed that in winter, her hair loses a beautiful look, compared to other pores of the year. The volume of hair and their freshness is very quickly lost, so you have to wash your hair more often and then carefully stack it with a hairdryer.
This happens because the scalp is dehydrated in winter. Of course, the question “Why does this happen?” Immediately appears. The reason is quite simple, we have already spoken about it above. This is heating in your home, different air conditioners and convectors that dry the air. As a result, the hair noticeably begins to become fat, as the activity of the sebaceous glands begins. They are responsible for the natural lubrication of the skin on the head. The first thing you start to do is wash your hair, and more often than ever. And here another problem appears. After shampooing, hair dryers are often used to dry their tips. As a result, we get oily hair from about the roots and dry ends. And if you add more tools that are used for dyeing and styling - then we get very weak, sparse, dry and problematic hair. What to do in this case?
How to care for hair in spring (after winter)?
The most important thing to do is to properly wash your hair. To do this, buy shampoos, where the label says that they do not contain sulfates and silicone. Not many people know that sulphates create a foam when washing and at the same time dry the scalp, and this violates the secretion of the sebaceous glands. When using silicones, which add significant shine to the hair, a kind of film is created, which negates the use of the necessary masks and balms.
Try not to wash your hair every day. It is better to do this 2-3 times a week.
For people who are used to washing their heads with a shower every day since the morning, it is recommended to use dry shampoo the next day, but this is only done if you think your hair doesn’t look very good. Dry shampoo should be applied to the hair roots. It adds volume and absorbs excess fat very well. Naturally, your hair begins to look much more beautiful. It is done this way: spray dry shampoo on the hair roots and already, after 1-2 minutes, just comb them. It is recommended to use batiste dry shampoo.
Also, it should be noted that in the spring it is best to wash your hair with warm boiled water, not tap water. Then rinse the curls with decoctions of natural herbs (plantain, linden, chamomile). The most common folk remedy that will help make hair elastic is the mask of egg yolk. It should be applied to washed hair and rinse only after 5 - 7 minutes.
Always wait until the hair is dry. Do not brush them wet, because you can damage. As previously mentioned, a hair dryer can also harm your hair, it is best to dry them naturally.
For homemade hair restoration, burdock, castor and coconut oils are best suited. They should be used for an hour before washing your hair and applied to the hair along the entire length. With this cream, do not forget about the health masks for hair. In the spring you can use them twice a week, which will help to quickly restore hair after winter. The most common, which have proven themselves well, are masks made of honey, kefir, aloe, castor oil, yeast and others. Also, they are good for hair loss.
Means for improving hair in winter and spring
At present, well-known cosmetic companies (Nivea, Vichy, Schwarzkopf Professional, Yves Rocher, Elseve, L’Oreal, etc.) produce shampoos and balms with natural plant components that do not use sulfates. When washing hair, they weakly foam, but they do not dry the head, clean and nourish the hair shaft. Also, these companies have learned to replace silicone with guar gum, that is, resin, which is used in the manufacture of jelly (has almost the same effect as in hair lamination with gelatin).
Very good hair care products are:
- Essensity Moisturizing Shampoo, Schwarzkopf Professional,
- Extraordinary hair oil Elseve, L’Oreal Paris,
- Lotion that stimulates the growth of new hair, Dercos Neogenic, Vichy,
- Oil Huile Supreme, Secret Professionnel by Phyto,
- Rinse "Dazzling Diamond", Nivea,
- The recovering and moistening Erato serum, Fresh Line,
- Antiage Shampoo, Yves Rocher,
- Rainforest moisturizing mask, The Body Shop.
Simple and helpful hair care tips
It is not necessary to buy expensive hair products or go to a beautician. This should be done only if the problems described above arise. First, assess whether or not your hair will require assistance. If the hair falls out strongly, then do not hesitate.
Some people do not have time to go to a beautician. Then here you will be helped by our recommendations and recipes about which it was mentioned above or shampoos with the mark Anti-age. Despite the name, it can be used at any age. Don't let that scare you. Shampoo well helps against hair loss, strengthens their bulbs, hair begins to grow much faster.
As is known, on average, hair lives on the head for about 4-6 years, and throughout life, up to 25 hairs can grow from one bulb. It happens and this, when the hair fell out, very slowly grow or cease to grow at all. Here you and help shampoos, sprays and masks marked “anti-age”. They will prolong their life, prevent hair loss, will stimulate the growth of new hair and just make it beautiful. prolong life, prevent hair loss and stimulate the growth of new hair.
If the above methods and tools do not help you, then you need to urgently turn to the trichologist. He will find out the cause of the loss and prescribe the correct course of treatment. Usually the most famous procedures prescribed by a specialist are: ozone therapy, mesotherapy and plasma lifting for hair. Their principle is similar to each other - the introduction of nutrients or vitamin substances under the scalp, which in turn stimulates the bulbs, gives growth and prevents hair loss. When ozone therapy - ozone is injected under the skin on the head, which revives sleeping hair follicles and leads to rapid hair growth. In mesotherapy, vitamins are injected under the skin, which, in turn, improve blood circulation and nourish the bulb. When plasma lifting - under the skin is found its own concentrated blood plasma, which helps to stop hair loss.
Do not be lazy to care for your hair, find time for this, you will not regret it at all and will shine with its incomparable beauty.
Why winter hair look worse
Many people notice the fact that with the onset of cold weather hairstyle changes significantly. Hair becomes dry, dull, lifeless, begin to split, break and fall out. They grow less and lose significantly in volume. Such a head of hair brings only grief and is definitely not capable of pleasing the eye. Why is this happening.
The quality of hair in winter varies due to the following reasons:
- Dry air The less moisture, the more dry hair. This is especially true of the tips, which in winter begin to split more intensely. This greatly spoils the overall appearance of the hairstyle. Increased moisture also harms hair, making it heavier and contributing to hair loss. The onset of a frosty winter after a rainy autumn is the worst option.
- Cold. In order to preserve heat in the body, the peripheral blood vessels of the skin are spasmized when exposed to cold. This explains why people have pale and dry skin in the winter. At the same time, trophic tissue tissue and its appendages are disturbed. Hair is also an appendage of the skin, due to eating disorders, they become dull and fall out more intensely.
- Hypovitaminosis. In winter, a person receives less vitamins than in summer. This is due to the fact that in the cold season there is no such variety of vegetables and fruits. Lack of vitamins is not the best way to affect the condition of the hair.
- Protein and energy deficiency. For healthy hair, it is necessary to provide adequate nutrition to the scalp. In winter, the body spends more calories on heating, and therefore their consumption should increase. Otherwise, skin and hair will suffer.
- Temperature drops. They also have a bad effect on hair like dry air or cold. It is cold outside in winter, and there are heating systems indoors. When a person goes outside, his body needs time to get used to the cold and turn on all protection systems. He does not have time to adapt, as it turns out in a room where you have to get used to the warm air. Such changes in the thermoregulation system are stress for the body. It affects badly hair and skin and other organs.
Features of hair care in winter
In order for the hairstyle to always look good, in winter it is necessary to change the usual hair care to a special one. In the cold season, even the type of hair can change from oily or normal to dry. Therefore, the approach to this issue should be special. The basic rules for hair and scalp care in winter are as follows:
- The main item of clothing is a headdress. A hat or a warm scarf can protect hair from both cold and dry air and from temperature drops. What should be given preference to these hats, because the hood is not able to provide enough heat.
- Special cosmetics. In winter, it is better to abandon the usual shampoo and conditioner, and switch to special care products. There are lines of cosmetics, created specifically for the cold season. It is better to give preference to nutrients and moisturizers.
- Homemade masks. They can be made from improvised means according to existing recipes. Such popular cosmetics will be an excellent addition to the basic care.
- Reception of vitamins. You can simply buy multivitamin preparations or special hair care products. The latter contain not only vitamins, but also amino acids and trace elements necessary for the skin. Drink them should be courses.
- Mechanical stimulation. To expand the blood vessels and improve tissue trophism, you can stimulate the scalp with a massage. For this fit the usual comb with long teeth. Just swipe it several times all over your scalp until you feel a pleasant warmth.
- Sharpening tips. The split ends of hair is very difficult to save. Moreover, they contribute to further exfoliation of the hair structure. Before the start of the hair restoration, it is better to cut them a few centimeters.
- Refusal of dangerous means. So you can call those elements of care that in winter only harm the hair. These include henna, alcohol-based masks and clay for hair. All these tools only contribute to dry hair.
Homemade masks for winter care
Traditional methods of healing hair are a great addition to shampoos and conditioners sold in stores. It is worth paying attention to the following recipes:
- Vitamins. You can saturate the skin with vitamins from the outside and from the inside. To do this, mix 50ml of castor oil, 5ml of tocopherol and 5ml of retinol. Heat the mixture and apply to hair. Then wait at least an hour and rinse with shampoo. Be careful: the oil is very difficult to wash off the hair.
- Kefir mask. For her, you can take not only kefir, but sour milk, yogurt or yogurt. Dairy product should be applied to the hair, wrap with a film and wear a warm hat on top. Keep the mask for at least half an hour. Can be washed off without shampoo.
- Nutritious. It is necessary to mix the yolk, 15ml apple cider vinegar and 5ml aloe. The resulting mixture to cover all the hair, rinse off after 20-40 minutes. It is better to use shampoo for this, because the egg is poorly washed off from the hair and leaves a peculiar smell.
- Honey and sour cream mask. Honey and sour cream should be taken in equal proportions, the number of ingredients must be selected depending on the length and thickness of the hair. The entire length should be coated with the resulting mixture. Keep the mask should be under the film and cap for about one hour. Honey without shampoo wash off very difficult.
- Banana Pulp whole banana crushed to a state of mashed potatoes, mix with a tablespoon of vegetable oil and a tablespoon of sour cream or yogurt. Apply the mask to clean hair and wrap in the usual way. You can wash off no sooner than half an hour.
- Yeast for hair. Contents of one 5g bag of dry yeast pour 50 ml of warm milk, put the mixture in a warm place for half an hour. Then put a yeast mask on the hair and leave for another half an hour. If this amount of the mixture is not enough, you can proportionally increase all the ingredients.
Line winter care products
The cosmetic industry offers a wide range of products that allow you to make your hair healthy and beautiful in the winter. You can find suitable for the price and properties. The most popular lines of winter hair care products are:
- Pantene Winter Care. This line is represented by a nourishing shampoo for normal hair, balm-conditioner, mask and oil serum. This option belongs to the average price category, but you can buy funds separately.
- Avon Winter Restore. This includes shampoo, conditioner and antistatic spray. The latter can be very useful to those whose hair is constantly electrified. The line is sold at fairly reasonable prices, in addition, the company arranges seasonal sales. The main disadvantage - the funds are not always on sale.
- Wella Winter Therapy. In addition to the shampoo and balm in the winter line of this manufacturer includes hair styling products. Enough useful acquisition for those who constantly use mousse and varnish. However, given the fact that this line is professional, the cost of all its components is somewhat higher than usual.
- Shamptu Shampoo for winter. This company produces only shampoo. This is a very budget and at the same time doubtful option. However, sometimes cheap products are suitable for hair more than expensive professional counterparts.
Thus, we can conclude that cold and dry weather is bad for hair. In winter, they become brittle, dry, dull, more often they split and fall out. In order to avoid problems with hair, you must adhere to special rules of winter care. Restore already damaged hair will help home masks. In addition, in the cold season, it is better to change the usual care products for special winter options that are sold in pharmacies. All this will preserve the beauty and health of hair.