For 8 out of 10 people, the choice of shampoo is not so easy. Here you need to take into account the type of hair, problems arise with oily, combined and dry hair types, pay attention to the specifics of the skin, the body's tolerance of certain substances and so on. For many reasons, choosing the right hair shampoo is not so easy, you need some knowledge of your body and similar hygiene products. Now we will deal with skin types, let's talk about which substances in the composition of hair detergent to pay attention to and touch on the topic of the best brands.
The consequences of the wrong choice of shampoo
Buy shampoo is easy, but how to choose the right option, where is the confidence that it will suit you? You can ask for help from a sales consultant, describe the problem, talk about the type of hair, if you know it, but your own feelings are more important.
If you choose the wrong shampoo, the consequences can be severe. You may have problems with your skin, acne will constantly appear, it comes to the fact that even putting your head on a pillow or putting a hat on will be problematic due to painful sensations. In addition, the pimples are visible to the naked eye to other people, some of them are not under the scalp, which leaves an imprint on the appearance of a person.
Such manifestations are called seborrhea or seborrheic dermatitis, depending on the specifics and symptoms. In case of occurrence of such diseases, often even a change of shampoo does not help, you have to contact a skin disease specialist and undergo a course of treatment.
Hair types and shampoo selection
In 90% percent of cases, it is possible to choose the right hair shampoo only by knowing the type of hair. The most problematic are the following three types:
- Oily - such hair is quickly salted, becomes oily shine, sometimes it smells specifically. Shampoo in this case should cope with the secretions of the sebaceous glands, but at the same time, do not irritate the scalp, but calm and normalize the secretion of the glands.
- Dry - prone to cross-section of the tips, unruly, tough to touch, entangled. In this case, the best shampoo for the composition of the hair should saturate the scalp and each hair with vitamins, and provide gentle care, moderate moisture,
- Combined - dry ends and greasy roots - the main characteristics of this type of hair. Pick up a shampoo that has a double effect, while saturating the hair of the vitamin and coping with the secretion of glands. Such a remedy often has air conditioning and cleansing agents in its formula.
Depending on what type of hair you have, the choice of shampoo will be completely different. Of course, on tubes with these detergents they write for which hair it was created for, but often you have to try different options. The main thing - if the new tool does not fit, immediately replace it without re-using it.
It is important to thoroughly wash off the shampoo while washing your head. Remains of even the softest products on the hair cause a negative effect, irritate the skin and sometimes lead to serious consequences.
What to look first of all: good composition, lack of sulphates, quality and other aspects
You need to choose a good shampoo wisely - this does not mean to buy the most expensive one. Often, even in expensive hygiene products, they add such a list of chemicals that they have a detrimental effect on the scalp. At the same time, cheap shampoo, bought in a pharmacy, will be deprived of 80% of harmful expensive additives, based on herbs and extracts of plants, which will provide healing and sparing effects.
It is better if your choice will contain the maximum amount of natural supplements, will be based on natural ingredients, such as:
What to avoid to choose the right shampoo
But there are chemical additives that should be avoided in every way. These include:
- Mineral oils, which are products of the processing of petroleum products, make sure that their content is minimal or completely absent.
- Formaldehyde is a controversial component, it should also be no more than 1 percent.
- Parabens with code E218, E214, E216. This is another substance whose harm is not 100% proven, but it is better to protect yourself from using shampoo with this ingredient.
Which brands to prefer in the choice of among shading, natural shampoos, dandruff, dry options, for oily, dyed hair
Of the shampoos that stand on the shelves of pharmacies and supermarkets, the safest are three brands: “Green Mama”, “Fitoval” and “Natura Siberica”. It is easy to choose a shampoo based on the composition of these three options, they contain a minimum of preservatives and other chemicals, they are based on natural ingredients and are sold in several versions for each hair type separately.
Natura Siberica is a great option for all hair types.
If you look at such popular brands as: “Clean Line”, “One Hundred Beauty Recipes”, “Fructis”, “Nivea” and others, you can also use them, however, 6 bangs out of 10 complain about their action and related complications, or this cosmetics simply does not have the proper result.
It is easier to choose a good shampoo if you can give preference to expensive brands such as: “Bioderma” or “Cycle Vital”. This branded cosmetics is popular all over the world and the manufacturer is closely monitoring the quality of products. But remember, each bang is individual, the features of our body are different and you cannot be 100% sure in one tool, the choice is made by trial and error.
General rules for the selection of shampoo
In order not to harm the hair, you need to learn to understand the composition of shampoos. The first thing that catches your eye is - SLS (substances that produce foam).
Means with such a composition should be avoided because it is harsh chemicals, causing allergic reactions and detrimental effects on keratin.
After use, the hair becomes fluffy, it means that the scales of hairs were damaged chemical substance. As a result, the hair will become thin, will begin to fall, the tips will noticeably cut.
Preference is better to give organic shampoos, which include safe surfactant (for example, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine). A quality product should not contain silicones, parabens and, of course, DEA.
Long-term use of active chemistry shampoo leads to destruction hair structures, and most importantly, have a toxic effect on the body as a whole.
The cost of shampoo can be increased due to vitamins, collagen, extracts from medicinal herbs, pearl dust in the composition. But all these components virtually useless for our hair. Therefore, you should not pay attention to them.
So, how to choose the right quality shampoo:
- Means is selected exclusively by type of hair.
- The shampoo should have only a soft organic base.
- Shampoo marked “2 in 1” can be used by people with completely healthy hair.
- Paying attention to the composition of the tool, remember that the component that is in the first place is contained in the largest quantities, and the number of other components is determined by decreasing.
Shampoo for oily hair
The increased activity of the sebaceous glands leads to the fact that the hair begins get fat fast, and therefore, quickly get dirty. Therefore, this type of hair requires that they be washed no less than every other day. To slightly normalize the acid-base balance, you can rinse your hair with a solution of lemon juice after washing your hair.
For oily hair you need to use shampoo, which does not make hair heavy. The composition of these shampoos should include components that will contribute to the normalization of the sebaceous glands. These include tanning and antibacterial substances, herbal extracts.
Shampoo for oily hair contains a large amount of detergent components, which means that daily use can cause peeling or itching on sensitive scalp. By choosing a shampoo for this type, pay attentionso that there are no oils and nutrients in the composition. Properly selected shampoo will help reduce hair greasiness.
Shampoo for normal hair
For a normal hair type, a shampoo that contains silicone additives with conditioning effect.
On labels, they are denoted as dimeticone. Thanks to them, moisture in the hair will be kept and static electricity will be absent.
Also, if using irons and constant hair drying with a hair dryer, then such a shampoo able to protect from thermal effects on the structure. Well, if in the composition of this shampoo there is an extract of wheat germ and medicinal herbs.
In addition, for a normal hair type, you can pick up shampoo, which contains synthetic additives - propylene glycol, sorbitol (capable of transporting water molecules into the structure of hairs).
Shampoo for dry hair
The distinctive characteristic of dry-type hair is their excessive breakage. Before choosing a shampoo, you must determine the cause of dry hair. In the first case, they can be depleted and dry after exposure to aggressive paint, in the second reason lies in the natural dryness of the scalp, which is explained by the inactivity of the sebaceous glands.
The composition of the shampoo for the dry type, keratin, protein, lanolin or lecithin should be included - these substances will nourish dried scalp, and renew the scales by gluing. This shampoo will make your hair manageable and smooth.
Shampoo for damaged hair
The impact of chemicals on the hair damages them, after which they require long-term recovery and special care.
How to make a face mask of colorless henna will tell our material.
Read about the advantages and disadvantages of an electric depilator in our article.
Special shampoo for damaged hair will contain oils (burdock, jojoba, avocado and others), vegetable protein, biotin, amino acids, a number of vitamins, herbal extracts. The task that confronts such a shampoo is to complete the broken structure.
Shampoo for fine hair
Owners of fine hair can use shampoo for oily hair type, the components of which will be able to give volume to the curls. Apply shampoos for dry hair is not worth it, because they overload the hair and give them an unkempt appearance. Well, if the composition will contain lanolin and lecithin, they can make the hair more voluminous.
For those who worried about dandruff, suitable shampoos with components that contribute to the adjustment of the sebaceous glands. These include nettle extract, salicylic acid, selenium sulfite, zinc or sulfur.
All of these components can eliminate dandruff and don't overdry scalp. Octopirox-based shampoos, which eliminate the cause of dandruff, are also very popular.
Dry shampoo spray
main feature dry shampoo is that it is able to absorb oily secretions and pollution. Hair styling after such a shampoo looks much more impressive.
The basis of these shampoos are volatile substances alcohol based. Apply this shampoo spray with caution to those who have dry hair type, damaged hair or split ends.
Tips on how to choose the right shampoo for different types of hair, look at the video:
Types of shampoos
On the shelves in the shops you can find a huge number of tubes and bottles. The choice is great, so for a start, you can decide on the consistency of the shampoo:
- Liquid. Habitual shampoo, which is applied to wet hair, forms a foam and requires rinsing with water. Its main advantage is a thorough cleaning and with an appropriate composition, a caring effect.
- Dry Powdered substance produced in the form of a spray. Allows for a few minutes and anywhere to bring hair in a decent condition without the use of water. Despite the creation of the effect of clean hair, this tool does not provide a really thorough cleaning, and therefore can only be used in emergency situations and not every day.
How to make shampoo by hair type
The main criterion for the choice of shampoo is the type of hair. It is easy to determine it, just look at their structure and pay attention to their need for washing:
- Normal This category includes healthy hair that does not require special care. If the curls retain good appearance, shine and volume for three or even four days, congratulations, you are the owner of normal hair! It is pleasant to deal with them: they are easily wound, keep styling, it is easy to give curls the volume that they keep for a long time. The main problems can be a statistically insignificant section and breakage.
- Fatty. If you notice that by the end of the day the curls lose volume, become dull and look stale to the very tips, then you are the owner of greasy hair. There are quite a lot of problems with them: thorough daily washing is necessary, hair practically cannot be even easily styled, and curled curls quickly unwind. But there are some pluses - for example, the almost complete absence of split ends.
- Dry Such hair looks fresh, and quite a long time. They are not easy to put, but they take on a good shape themselves and for a long time, for several days, remain clean. However, dry strands give their owner a lot of trouble. As a rule, they are thin and very brittle, with dissected tips, and combing them is a real torment.
- Mixed. A common type in which the roots become greasy for a couple of days, and the tips remain fresh. Such hair is not very whimsical when styling and can be quite docile, but quickly lose volume and need to be artificially maintained. Due to the fact that the tips are subjected to frequent washing, mixed hair is subject to cross-section.
Shampoo from all problems
In addition to the type of hair, when choosing a shampoo, it is important to consider the presence of certain problems. Modern tools are able to effectively deal with a variety of troubles and take care even of badly damaged hair.
It should immediately be said that if the hair really needs a serious treatment, it is better to seek help from specialists who will recommend special preparations.
In other cases, you can try to restore the curls yourself, using suitable and high-quality hair care shampoos.
In order not to harm the exhausted head of hair even more, when choosing a tool, follow the general recommendations:
- Owners of normal hair without pronounced problems, it is recommended to use supporting agents, which include a moderate amount of detergent substances and nourishing oils. Supplements in the form of herbal ingredients and vitamins will bring additional benefits.
- It is important to remember that inexpensive means that promise to solve ten hair problems right away cannot really help them. It is better to choose shampoos that are aimed at solving a single problem.
- Be careful with the bottles with the inscription "two in one." According to the manufacturers, it contains two means at once: shampoo and conditioner. However, the active detergents of the shampoo significantly weaken the effect of the conditioner. It does not harm the hair, but also does not bring significant benefits.
- It is not recommended to use shampoos with too bright smell and color. This is a salesman’s trick, which, as a rule, rarely hides a truly quality product.
Shampoos for greasy hair
Such products contain a large amount of detergent components. Pay attention to the composition. If it contains substances like chitin or tannin, this is exactly what you need! They regulate the sebaceous glands, thereby reducing their activity. In addition, shampoo for oily hair can include natural herbal extracts (such as nettle), zinc, which regulates sebum production, as well as healing oils.
Sometimes in the composition there are also antibacterial components that protect against dandruff - a frequent companion of oily hair. Moisturizers and nutrients in such shampoos, as a rule, are not contained.
Shampoos for dry hair
In the composition of these products, on the contrary, the minimum amount of detergents and a whole set of moisturizing and nourishing components. Their task is to gently and very gently clean the hair and at the same time fill it with moisture. The main focus is on oils: shea, jojoba, peach, as well as olive and coconut.
Among the vital substances - lanolin. It protects the hair from drying out, restores its structure. It is important to pay attention to the level of PH. It is desirable that he was lowered. Such funds more carefully affect the hair and scalp.
Shampoo for fine hair
Thin hair - is, above all, the lack of volume and difficulty when combing. To achieve a good effect allow shampoos, which include silicone and polymer compounds. They cover each hair with the thinnest film, due to which its diameter increases and, as a result, the total volume of the hairstyle. The same substances make the hair more docile and smooth. However, to get involved in such means is not worth it. Silicone prevents air and nutrients from entering the hair.
To solve the problem, natural components are often used: sprouted wheat grains, almond milk and so on.
It is important to understand that the effect of the shampoo is short-lived. To give the hair fluffiness for a longer time, use keratin and protein complexes.
Shampoo for damaged hair
The main task of such means is the visible restoration of the hair structure. Special substances in the composition of the shampoo fill the formed voids in the hairs, smooth their surface. Due to this, the curls look healthier and stronger.
This shampoo is indispensable for the care of hair, which is often exposed to a hair dryer, ironing and straightening, dyeing, scorching sun and wind, as well as the effects of sea water. The main active ingredient in this case should be silicone. In combination with emollient ingredients such as whey or wax, it will return the hair a fresh healthy look, softness and silkiness.
Shampoos for colored hair
Their main purpose is to protect the color from being washed out too quickly. That is why such a product should contain lecithin, vitamin E and a UV filter. These substances allow you to maintain the brightness of the shade, and protect the hair from dryness and section.
Additional excipients like extracts of calendula and other herbs, silk, henna and others provide the hair with nutrition and protection from harmful environmental factors.
It should immediately be noted that the occurrence of dandruff can have a variety of reasons. It makes sense to fight it with ordinary cosmetic shampoos only if the problem is not related to malfunctions in the body. Otherwise, it is worth contacting a doctor who will prescribe a special treatment.
If peeling is insignificant and brings only mild discomfort, try using shampoos, which include zinc, menthol, tea tree oil, chamomile extract, oleanolic acid, olamin.These substances effectively cleanse and soothe the scalp, eliminating itching and redness. For example, ALERANA dandruff shampoo blocks the growth of fungus, eliminates peeling of the scalp and stimulates cellular metabolism. The tool not only eliminates dandruff, but also contributes to the growth and improvement of the appearance of the hair.
Shampoo for dull hair
The natural sheen and luxurious radiance of the strands give even the most modest hair style elegance. However, a lack of vitamins and nutrients can deprive the hair of their natural beauty. In this case, choose shampoo-vitamin shakes. In their composition must be present nourishing oils: coconut, olive, almond. And also vitamins, especially A and E.
Permed Hair Shampoo
Such beauty as a perm requires, if not sacrifice, then at least more thorough care. Despite the beautiful appearance, hair, subjected to artificial twisting, experienced a real shock, and therefore need special treatment.
You must use the softest shampoo, which only can be found. It is good if it contains vitamins, honey, valuable oils and plant extracts. Both amino acid and keratin, which has regenerating properties, will not be damaged.
Shampoo for changing hair color
Of course, we are not talking about a cardinal repainting with detergent. However, slightly change the natural shade or give brightness to already dyed hair tinting shampoo under the force. In its composition - sparing coloring components, and therefore its use has a much less negative impact on the hair than ordinary paint. However, the effect is not so lasting - after a couple of visits the shower color begins to wash off.
The composition of the tint means also includes caring components that nourish the hair, give it shine and silkiness.
How to use shampoo
It would seem that there are no wonders here: it is enough to apply the product on the hair, foam it well, and then rinse it with water. However, to achieve the best effect, try to follow the simple advice of experts:
- Comb your hair before washing. This stimulates the hair follicles, allows slightly to lift the horny particles, after which they are easily washed with water.
- Use warm water. Too hot water adversely affects the skin and the structure of the hair, which can lead to their drying.
- Apply the shampoo first on the palm, rub and then cover the hair with it. So you avoid excessive use of the tool, which can lead to drying of the scalp and hair.
- The active substances contained in the shampoo, begin to act almost instantly. Therefore, it is not recommended to keep it on the hair for more than one or two minutes.
- Beat the foam should be soft massaging movements. Use for this finger pads. And in any case, do not scrape the scalp with nails! This may cause irritation.
- Rinse the shampoo very thoroughly, with plenty of water so that the hair does not lose its shine and remains soft.
- Do not rub wet hair with a towel, just blot them.
Comb wet hair. However, only using a comb with rare teeth to prevent damage.
Oily hair features
On the scalp of a person there is a special fatty grease (lipid film), designed to protect the epidermis from damage, and the strands - from excessive dryness. It prevents the growth of bacteria and the penetration of dirt and other harmful particles into the skin layer. With normal functioning of the sebaceous glands (sebum), the lubricant does not contaminate the hair for a long time. But when their activity becomes more active, the hair quickly becomes oily and it is necessary to wash it often (every 1-2 days).
The cause of increased sebum formation can be:
- genetic predisposition
- hormonal disbalance,
- wrong cosmetics,
- the use of spicy, salty and fried foods.
Attention! Correct the situation and adjust the intensity of the production of fat can properly selected shampoo.
How to choose
It is better to purchase any makeup cosmetics from a trusted supplier:
- in pharmacies,
- in online stores that have the appropriate certificates
- in points of offline sales with a proven reputation.
Choosing a remedy It is better to give preference to shampoos without the 2 in 1 function (shampoo and balm in one bottle). Such products do not wash out the hair properly, and the air conditioner “seals” loose strands. It is better to use both means separately.
It is also worth considering that there are men's shampoos (the main criterion is to wash the hair “to the squeak”) and women’s (have a sparing effect).
Ideally, the tool should consist of natural ingredients. But there are brands that contain chemical ingredients in an acceptable and safe amount for health. Most Popular:
- parabens - preservatives, the permissible amount of which is up to 0.19%,
- sulfates - salts of sulfuric acid, forming a foam - it is better if they are no more than 1%.
Almost every manufacturer of cosmetics for hair care products and products for oily hair. In this product, there are active components that regulate the sebaceous glands. Sebum stands out with less intensity, it turns out to wash the head less often. Ideally, if the selected tool solves other related problems: removing dry tips or dandruff, giving volume, strengthening and so on.
Depending on the condition of the hair, you need to select the type of detergent.
- Regulatory Affects the activity of the sebaceous glands. It regulates the release of sebum, so that the hair is not so quickly contaminated.
- Seboreguliruyuschiy. Designed to eliminate the problem of dandruff (oily and dry).
- Antiseborrheic. Fights seborrheic dermatitis. The composition contains therapeutic components: zinc, ketoconazole, ciclopirox, selenium sulfide, climbazole and others. As additional ingredients are added: tar, salicylic acid, phytocomposition.
- For greasy and thin hair. Cleans curls and gives them extra volume.
- For colored strands. Cares for hair, moisturizes and nourishes it. It is advisable to choose non-sulfate products with low acidity.
- For sensitive skin. In such tools used a minimum of surface-active substances (surfactants). Extracts of natural plants are added to the formulations as soothing and disinfecting ingredients.
- With menthol. Provides a cooling and refreshing effect. Tones and moisturizes the skin. Often used in the line for men.
- Male. Should not contain silicone. It is important that the agent form a foam and wash out dirt well. The preferred level of acidity is in the range of 5.4 PH.
- Balancing. Suitable option for owners of fat roots and dry tips. Sets the balance: regulates the sebaceous glands and moisturizes the lower part of the hair.
- Dry. Express tool when you need to quickly bring the hair in order. When applied, it absorbs grease, and then everything is removed with a comb. Does not require rinsing. A product from the category of "must-have" on trips. In addition to cleansing, gives hair volume. Owners of dark strands need to carefully comb out the tool, otherwise there may be a whitish bloom.
- Solid. It forms little foam, more thoroughly cleanses the scalp.
Shampoo Kerasis "Hair Energy" contains 99% of natural ingredients. Composed of vitamins and minerals that help restore and strengthen curls. Moisturizes them, fills with energy. Equipped with a convenient dispenser. Even without using the air conditioner does not confuse hair. The cost of KeraSys is about 200 rubles for 180 ml.
Highly concentrated professional tool "Angel" (Angel) contains the following active ingredients:
- thermal water
- marine collagen,
- seaweed extracts.
The bottle is equipped with a convenient dispenser, shampoo consumed sparingly.The composition is natural, without sulfates. According to the reviews, the hair after using the product remains clean for at least 3 days. Buy "Angel" can be priced at 190 rubles per 100 ml.
Nexxt oily hair shampoo lotion with thyme extract and propolis also refers to the number of professional cosmetics.
- extracts of thyme, Sophora, cinchona,
Gently and carefully affects the hair. It gives it shine, smoothness. Eliminates dandruff. Does not require additional use of balm. The cost of Nexxt is about 200 rubles for 250 ml.
L'Oreal Professionnel Pure Resource (France)
Professional shampoo for oily hair L'Oreal is designed to care for oily and normal curls. Neutralizes the harmful effects of the environment, perfectly cleans the hair, making it elastic and resilient. Feedback on this tool is positive. It costs about 770 rubles for 250 ml.
Estel Otium Unique is designed for hair oily at the roots and dry at the tips. The regulation of the sebaceous glands occurs due to a special patented complex. Moisturizes strands, makes them shiny. As a result, the use of hair becomes thicker. Product price - about 520 rubles for 250 ml.
For more information about shampoo, read the article:
Cleansing shampoo londa (Londa) for oily hair not only cleans, but also tones, nourishes, reduces inflammation.
- white tea extract
- jojoba oil.
The cost of a 250-milliliter bottle is about 460 rubles.
Matrix Biolage normalizing shampoo Matrix is suitable for women and men. It has regulatory, antiseptic and tonic properties. Hair does not dry. Gently and gently cleans. The active ingredient is lemongrass extract. Does not contain parabens. You can buy at a price of 800 rubles for 250 ml.
Natural shampoo with ginseng cleans and heals hair. It gives her volume. Removes toxins, eliminates dandruff, regulates sebum secretion, improves microcirculation. The main active ingredients are:
- ginseng and kelp extract
- white and peppermint essential oils,
- green clay
- complex extracts of venereal hair, nettle, female drug.
The tool has a high cost (about 2000 rubles for 250 ml), but fully justifies it. Reviews of it only positive.
Wella SP REGULATE (Germany)
Wella shampoo with clay for oily hair It does not dry the curls, but builds up the proper functioning of the skin cells. Gently cleanses and refreshes. The composition contains green and white clay. The tool is among the favorites among lovers of quality cosmetics. 250 ml of funds will cost about 500 rubles.
Kapous (Italy, Russia)
Kapous shampoo for oily hair moisturizes and regulates the sebaceous glands. Operating components:
If Kapus lotion is applied, the effect will be more noticeable. You can pick up a cleansing shampoo for greasy hair from this brand from the Treatment series for 380 rubles (250 ml).
Sold in pharmacies. It is necessary to use according to the instructions. Usually applied twice a week.
The following products are in demand.
Dr.Muller Pantenols (Czech Republic)
Panthenol Shampoo is used for excessive greasiness of the head and itching. It gives curls shine and silkiness. Strengthens them and prevents falling out. Protects against external damage. It has a lot of positive feedback. The main component is D-panthenol 2% (vitamin B), which penetrates the entire hair (from root to tip). You can buy at a price of 850 rubles for 250 ml.
Vichy dercos regulatory solves several problems:
- eliminates excessive fat production,
- soothes, heals the epidermis.
- salicylic acid,
- Vichy SPA (thermal water),
- ANTI-SEBUM complex.
There are no parabens and silicones in the product. The cost is about 1000 rubles for 200 ml.
Menthol shampoo for greasy curls "Antisedin" is designed for people of age. Soothes the sebaceous glands and suspend their activity. It helps to preserve color and slows down the appearance of gray hair. Improves microcirculation in the skin.
- ivy extract
- white nettle,
- silk and keratin hydrolysates,
- Silsoft Q,
Buy Antisedin possible for 180 rubles (150 ml).
It is classified as a burdock-based medicated shampoo. It is used to strengthen curls, but is also suitable for very oily hair. According to the reviews, it dries the roots well, so that you have to wash your head less often (every 2-3 days). Presented by different manufacturers, the main component is burdock oil.
The product of the Elf brand (Ukraine) is popular. When using it, there is a positive effect, but It is not recommended to use it for more than six months. A 200-ml bottle costs about 215 rubles.
Sold in regular stores in a package that is convenient for home use. The most affordable, but also have the effect many times less than the previous options. Popular trademarks go on.
Nivea Men "Extreme Freshness" (Germany)
The active ingredient is lime extract, which helps not only to eliminate fat, but also to fight dandruff. Designed for men. Received a lot of positive feedback to your address, so I was in the top. The price for 250 ml is about 185 rubles.
Clear vita ABE (Russia)
Shampoo Clear vita ABE for fat curls is available in two forms:
- Men's shampoo "Control fat" with technology Nutrium 10 (complex of minerals and vitamins), which nourishes all layers of the epidermis, regulates the sebaceous glands and fights dandruff,
- Clia Vitabe for women on the basis of lemon essence (allows not only to effectively cleanse the skin, but also to eliminate dandruff).
The cost of funds - about 265 rubles for 200 ml.
Garnier Fructis (Russia)
Fruktis "Freshness" gives a feeling of clean hair for 48 hours. It nourishes and strengthens curls, makes them strong.
- sugarcane extract,
- salicylic acid,
- green tea leaf extract
- apple extract
- vitamin b6
- lemon acid,
- lemon extract
It is better to use together with the conditioner to prevent "fluffiness". Buy Garnier Fruktis can be about 185 rubles for 250 ml.
Syoss Pure & Care (Germany)
Syoss Shampoo for greasy hair is also designed for dry / dry on the tips of the strands. It cleans, nourishes, moisturizes. It is well washed and quickly washed off.
Active ingredients are:
- hydrolyzed keratin
- macadamia oil
The cost of shampoo - about 300 rubles for 500 ml.
Belita Shampoo Super Purification is designed for delicate and effective cleansing of hair. It gives the strands shine and silkiness. Main active ingredients:
- citric, glycolic and lactic acids,
- cashmere proteins.
It is better to use no more than twice a week, alternating with other means. The price of Belita is available - 130 rubles for 500 ml.
How to shampoo wash greasy strands prone to loss — Tiande Golden Ginger. A feature of the tool is not only the regulation of the sebaceous glands, but also the fight against dandruff, alopecia and dysplasia of hair growth.
- deionized water (perfectly purified, without impurities),
- mineral oil,
- ginger extract
- silicone oil,
- silk guar,
- zinc pyrithione.
Shampoo when used causes burning. It is better to apply in combination with balsam. Does not contain parabens and sulphates. Received a lot of positive feedback, so I was in the top. You can buy within 600 rubles for 300 ml.
Balancing (Ecolab, Russia)
Ecolab Balancing Shampoo for oily hair (Ecolab) belongs to the category of natural cosmetics. Gently cleanses the strands, not overdrying them, gives shine and softness. It has a pleasant sweet-fruity candy flavor. Eliminates itching and dandruff.
Active substances (extracts):
It is worth the remedy within 200 rubles for 250 ml.
Yves Rocher (France)
Cleansing shampoo Eves Rocher effectively removes fat and regulates sebum production. The main component is a decoction of nettle. Sodium lauryl sulfate is absent, but there is ammonium laureth sulfate. Without silicones.Cost - about 380 rubles.
One more clay based product. Elseve costs about 180 rubles for 250 ml. It consists of three clays (green, white, blue). Shampoo "Elseve 3 precious clay" is designed for optimal balance of the epidermis, moisturizing the strands over the entire length, deep cleansing. Suitable for owners of fat curls with dry tips.
Shungit (Fratty NV, Russia)
Black Shungit shampoo on the basis of the same name rock. In addition to deep cleansing and regulation of the sebaceous glands, strengthens the strands, gives them thickness and shine.
- nettle extract
- Rosemary and Hypericum extracts.
The tool is affordable - about 120 rubles for 300 ml. It is recommended to use no more than once a week to avoid drying out the hair.
SAVON NOIR (Planeta Organica, Russia)
Sulfur Free Shampoo Savon noir is created on 100% African soap and has a convenient dispenser. Composed of:
- cotton extracts, aloe vera, bamboo,
- clove oil
It copes well with the elimination of fat content of curls, but there is a drawback - it dries them. Therefore, it is recommended to use with a moisturizing balm. Cost Savon noir - about 90 rubles per 400 ml.
Shampoo "Freedom" entered the top due to its properties at a budget cost (95 rubles for 430 ml).
- extracts of lemon balm and nettle,
- wheat proteins.
Thanks to these components, the curls become strong, shiny and elastic. Regulated the production of subcutaneous fat. Enough for a long time. Does not contain dyes and parabens. It is better to use together with the balm of the same series.
Planeta Organica with macadamia oil (Russia)
For those who prefer to wash oily hair with organic products, you can try "Planet Organic". The active ingredients regulate the balance of the skin, strengthen and restore the strands.
The composition of the shampoo includes:
- macadamia oil
- oak bark extract
- juniper extract,
- sandalwood oil,
Can overdry curls. To avoid this, it is better not to apply the agent to the entire length, and pay attention to the roots. Planeta Organica costs about 120 rubles for 250 ml.
Planeta Organica ARCTICA "Moisturizing and Care"
Which shampoo is better for oily hair from the brand Planeta Organica - ARCTICA "Moisturizing and Care". Many who have already used the tool on themselves, note that the scalp does not get fat so quickly. An added bonus is to strengthen the hair follicles.
- cranberry juice extract
- cloudberry extract
- extract of oregano and edelweiss,
- grape seed oil.
Like all products of a specified manufacturer, does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens. ARCTICA "Moistening and Care" costs about 170 rubles for 280 ml.
Reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands, does not injure and does not dry out the hair. Dnc (dns) - an ideal shampoo for thin, oily and / or colored hair. Numerous reviews indicate that the tool copes with the task. To reduce the secretion of sebaceous secretions (sebum), you need to use DNS regularly for a month.
- nettle extract
- dog rose,
- soap root
- currant leaves,
- oak bark,
- lavender oil,
- Burr oil,
- grapefruit oil
- hyaluronic acid
- sea salt,
- silk proteins,
- ascorbic and formic acid,
Cost - 230 rubles for 350 ml. Spent sparingly.
Women's shampoo "Dove nourishing care" (Hair Therapy) is suitable for thin hair, prone to fat, although the company does not produce products specifically for greasy curls. It nourishes, moisturizes and cleans hair of any type. The active ingredients are almond and coconut oils. The cost of a 380 ml bottle is about 270 rubles.
For men, it is recommended to use "Dove Men + Care" with menthol, which effectively cleanses the scalp.
Faberlik regulatory (Russia)
Regulatory shampoo for oily hair Faberlik is part of the Expert Pharma line. Thanks to the Defenscalp complex which is a part, restores natural balance, regulates work of a sebum, eliminates an itch and dandruff. Suitable for men and women. 150-ml bottle will cost about 300 rubles. It may be cheaper during the promotional offers Faberlic.
How to choose a budget shampoo for oily hair - look at the Shamtu brand. It was Shamtu with herbal extracts that received high marks from users as a tool whose price is much lower quality (225 rubles for 650 ml). With its help, it turns out to wash the hair less often, the volume remains even on the second day.
- verbena extract,
GREEN MAMA (Russia)
Shampoo Green mother for oily hair "Black currant, nettle" has several active ingredients:
- nettle extract, St. John's wort, mother-and-stepmother, cedar, black currant,
The smell is neutral, uncomfortable lid (need to unscrew). Washes curls well, does not dry. The effect lasts two days.
You can buy a product with a 50 ml bottle for 50 rubles. In cosmetic cosmetics that is suitable for oily curls, Biobalance shampoo (for dry tips) is also presented.
Brand philosophy - the maximum of natural ingredients (from 85%). In the line for the care of fatty curls there are several positions:
- shampoo against greasiness strands seboreguliruyuschy with propolis and white willow,
- on the basis of mint and propolis.
In the ranking of the best such funds were due to almost 100% natural composition, the absence of parabens and harmful substances. Many consider Apivita products to be effective, but they also have one significant disadvantage - the high cost. A bottle of 250 ml can cost 1000 rubles.
What are the types of shampoos?
There are many different types and subspecies of shampoos.
First, they can be divided into the following groups:
- neutral - for normal cleansing,
- caring for hair and scalp,
- shampoo-peeling - for deep cleansing,
- tint - to give the hair a certain shade.
Secondly, all detergents for the head can be divided by purpose of use:
- washing away excess fat from hair and scalp,
- cleansing from ordinary contaminants (dust, skin particles, sebum),
- moisturizing excessively dry skin of the head,
- slowing down cell division and cleansing of dandruff,
- soft action shampoo for daily use.
The condition of the scalp and hair follicles directly determines the health of the hair, therefore, first of all, it is necessary to select a shampoo for the scalp, and after that take care of the hair itself. In this case, it is shampoo that treats the skin, and all sorts of masks, balms and other means are designed to treat and restore hair. Therefore, choosing a cleanser for the head, first of all, you need to consider the type of skin and the presence of problems with it.
The right shampoo for your skin type
To correctly determine the type of skin test will help with a special device. But such a tool is too expensive to be used once and put on hold. Therefore, it is better to make such a test in one of the beauty salons for a small fee. The procedure is quick - it will take a couple of minutes, and absolutely painless.
Having figured out your type of scalp, you can choose the right means for washing, treating and caring for it:
For oily skin:
For this type of skin of the head is characterized by pollution of the hair already after 20-28 hours after washing. If you have to wash your hair more than twice a week, then without any test, you can immediately say that you have oily skin. In this case, you need to choose a mild shampoo for frequent use, not causing irritation. You can use detergents for sensitive skin and increase the volume of hair.
But the nourishing, hair preserving products should not be used. These shampoos hairstyle and the skin is not able to absorb such a mass of nutrients. As a result, dandruff is formed on the skin, and the hair loses shine and volume, gets dirty faster and is difficult to style.
For sensitive skin types:
If you always have a problem to choose a shampoo and other hair care products, as for most of them you have an allergic reaction, peeling, irritation and itching, then you have a sensitive skin type. Here it is worthwhile to give preference to a mild remedy marked “for gentle care”, which will cleanse and moisturize the skin.
In such a shampoo should be soothing ingredients that relieve irritation: chamomile, mint, lemon balm, valerian. Avoid aggressive ingredients and additives: hot peppers, garlic, burdock, mustard. In this case, dandruff resulting from the use of the wrong shampoo should be treated with special therapeutic agents.
For mixed skin:
When mixed type on the skin of the head there are several problems, for example, high fat and dandruff. Here it is necessary to combine care products, both before and after washing. For example, use shampoo-peeling and shampoo for sensitive skin or a special therapeutic agent for dandruff and a mask that controls the work of the sebaceous glands.
For dry skin type:
With excessive dryness of the skin may experience desquamation of the epidermis and increased hair loss. Due to the lack of natural replenishment, the hair follicle weakens, provoking hair loss. In this case, you need to opt for a moisturizing shampoo with various herbal, nutritional and vitamin supplements: honey, essential oils, almond and olive oils.
Hair Type Test
Before you start choosing a shampoo, you need to know your hair type, because the wrong choice of detergent for hair can make it lifeless, dull and depleted. To determine what type of hair you are, you can conduct a small rapid test:
- if the hairstyle is gradually polluted within 5-7 days, then you have a normal type,
- if your hair gets dirty 2-3 days after washing, then you have an average type,
- if the curls require washing on the second or third day, then you have a fat type.
In this case, the type and condition of the hair can vary over a certain segment of life, because over time, the entire human body undergoes various changes from year to year. Also, the type of hair can be changed as a result of disorders in lifestyle or diet, when applying the wrong shampoo.
If this rapid test did not help you determine the type of your hair at the moment, then you can use the test with an extended list of attributes in the form of a table:
Natura Siberica (Russia)
For hair prone to fatThe brand produces several products:
- shampoo-vitamin (active ingredients - cloudberry, vitamin PP, cranberry),
- antiseborrheic sea buckthorn shampoo based on Altai sea buckthorn, peppermint, Kuril tea, Arctic raspberry, hawthorn, Moroccan oil,
- shampoo "Volume and balance" based on arctic raspberry and cedar elfin.
A distinctive feature of these cosmetics is the absence of parabens, mineral oils, sodium lauryl sulfate. You can buy Natura Siberica for about 200 rubles per 400 ml bottle.
Read more about shampoos in the article:
Gliss Kur (Schwarzkopf & Henkel Professional, Germany)
A good shampoo for oily hair does not have to be expensive. Glis hens Repair Supreme Length refers to the budget options and is designed to cleanse oily skin and restore dry tips. Contains:
- peony extract,
- hydrolyzed keratin
- apricot kernel oil,
He copes with the task, but does not suit everyone. The cost is about 260 rubles for 250 ml.
Shauma (Schwarzkopf & Henkel Professional, Germany)
The active ingredient is aloe vera, which allows you to remove excess fat, normalize the moisture balance in the epidermis, strengthen the strands. As a result, the hair remains clean for several days. Shampoo Shampoo for fatty curls is presented in three forms:
- 7 herbs (for fatty and normal),
- cotton freshness (for extra strands),
- mint freshness (male).
As for the price, it is very democratic here - about 100–150 rubles for 225 ml.
Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light (France)
At the heart of Pantin provi for prone to fat curls - technology Clean-Rinse, allowing the tool to quickly flush and not to weight the curls. Citric acid cleanses and disinfects the skin, has antioxidant properties. Eliminates dandruff, dullness, slows the production of sebum. You can buy it for about 215 rubles (400 ml).
Regulating clean line (Kalina, Russia)
An effective shampoo on the fit line “Clean Line” for oily hair is inexpensive - about 80 rubles per 400 ml. Means for 80% consists of herbal decoction (complex "Phytokeratin"), creating a root volume.
Active ingredients (extracts):
May overdry the skin of the head.
Lemon Egg Shampoo
You will need:
- 1 yolk,
- 40 ml of lemon juice,
- 15 ml of vodka
- 10 ml of almond oil.
How to cook and apply:
- All components mix well.
- Apply to wet hair, massage and rinse.
Normalization of the sebaceous glands occurs after regular use.
- 1 tbsp. l dry herbs - chamomile, sage, color celandine, nettle,
- 1 tbsp. l dry mustard,
- 10 art. l rye flour,
- 1 tbsp. l ground ginger,
- 2 tbsp. l oak bark,
- 200 ml of water.
How to cook and apply:
- Pour oak bark with warm water and simmer in a water bath for half an hour.
- The remaining components are mixed and grind on a coffee grinder. This is the basis for future shampoo.
- Strain the bark of oak bark through gauze.
- 3 tbsp. l Basics mixed with a decoction. It should turn out the consistency of liquid sour cream.
- Apply from tip to root, carefully massaging the strands.
- Wash off.
This tool can be used as a mask. To do this, it must be left on the hair for 35 minutes. Then wash it off.
You will need:
- 5 tbsp. l black or blue cosmetic clay,
- 4–5 drops of essential oils of grapefruit and mint (can be replaced with oils of bergamot, tea tree, lemon, rosemary),
- 5 tbsp. l mustard powder
- 1 tbsp. l salt and soda.
How to cook and apply:
- In tepid water, dilute the clay to a creamy mass.
- Mix with soda, mustard, salt.
- At the end add oil and mix well.
- Apply with massaging movements. Rinse with water.
Rules of application
Even the best shampoo for oily hair will not give the desired effect, if you do not adhere to the following recommendations:
- You need to wash your hair as you pollute, not allowing the pores to become blocked.
- If the shampoo is medical, it can be applied to the curls no more than twice a week.
- After using the shampoo, apply conditioner or conditioner to the strands. These tools will help remove static electricity, facilitate combing, prevent breakage of the tips. The tool is better to choose the same brand and the same line as the detergent.
- Sulfur-free cosmetics can not be used continuously. It badly washes away dirt and can leave residues of styling products on the strands. Therefore, it must be alternated with sulphate shampoos.
- Water should be warm (not hot). High temperature enhances the activity of the sebaceous glands.
- It is also recommended to wash your hair in the morning, when the blubber is not so active.
- Apply a tool better only to the roots, and in length you only need to wash off the foam. This will help to avoid dry ends.
As for the course of application, it is different for each product. Household care cosmetics can be used for a long time (preferably change brands). Medical - with the breaks specified in the instruction.
How to fix the result
You should not rely only on shampoo for oily scalp, it is important to revise your habits, to improve the condition of the hair:
- exclude from the diet fatty, spicy, flour, sweet (or at least limit the consumption of such products),
- useful for rinsing decoctions of herbs: nettle, train, chamomile, oak bark.
Care for oily hair is not easy. And you need to start with the right shampoo. Sometimes you have to try different trademarks to find “your” means. But if you pick it up, miracles happen. Those who washed their hair every day can do it much less often. The main thing is to take care of your strands and not close your eyes to the problem of excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. Then the hair will look well-groomed and healthy for a long time.
The right choice of shampoo
Almost every one of us is faced with the question of how to choose a shampoo from the variety that the market offers us at the moment?
After all, they are distinguished not only by bright labels, manufacturers, but also by properties, directivity (for dyed, for hair with chemical curling, etc.).
We choose products depending on the type of hair
In order to see the effect of using the shampoo, it is necessary to correctly determine your hair type.
So, there are 4 main types:
- Normal - characterized by healthy, strong curls, without split ends. The shampoo-free options will be sulfate-free, as it will maintain the natural beauty of the hair without harming it.
- Bold - characterized by an unpleasant shine, curls quickly salted, specifically smell. The risk of dandruff with oily hair increases, so the funds must be selected, paying attention to the inscription on the package "for oily hair." The composition of this shampoo is enriched with soothing ingredients, antimicrobial substances. For oily curls, dry shampoo that absorbs sebaceous secretions is well suited as a supplement to the main,
- Dry - characterized by increased fragility, split ends. Most often, the reason for dryness is frequent dyeing, the use of electrical devices for styling, etc. For this type of hair, it is better to use products that include vitamin and organic supplements, such as chamomile, green tea, vitamin B, etc.
- Combined - the most common type of curls. Its characteristic features are fatty roots and split dry ends. It is better to choose such means for washing of the head which will include the soft clearing substances in the structure.
What other types of hair?
In a separate group, it is customary to assign thin and colored curls. Why are they treated separately? Because among the thin and dyed hair can meet all of the above types.
The peculiarity of thin curls is the thickness of the hair itself. Despite the large amount of hair, the hairstyle as a whole may not have volume.
In this case, the curls can be completely healthy: soft, docile and shiny.
In this case, when choosing a shampoo, you need to pay attention to the label “for fine hair”, because, usually, the composition of such products is enriched with pectin, keratin, silk proteins, calcium — that is, those substances that, although temporarily, can increase the diameter thin curls.
Another feature of care is the proper use of the conditioner: it is better not to use it on thin hair over the entire length, since the conditioner will act as a weighting agent, depriving the locks of the desired volume.
Special colored care lines have also been developed for colored hair. A feature of the colored curls is their dryness due to exposure to chemicals that destroy the hair structure.
This hair requires nutrients that can maintain color stability, which usually contain proteins, the same keratin, glycerin.
If the shampoo has an SPF filter, this will be an additional advantage in the care of dyed hair, because they tend to fade under the influence of sunlight.
Pay attention to the label
Before you decide which shampoo to choose, you need to familiarize yourself with the label in more detail.
What we pay attention to:
- Expiration date - it is better not to use an expired product. We, ordinary consumers, cannot know what reactions chemical elements can enter into with the skin after a certain time, so it’s best not to risk
- Description of the composition of any means begins with the substance that is present in a greater degree, that is, from more to less. Therefore, choosing a good shampoo in composition, it is necessary to pay attention to the presence of sulfates, as well as their ordinal location,
- The pH level of the scalp is in the range of 4.2 - 5.6. Unfortunately, not every good manufacturer even indicates the level of acid-base balance of his product, but if it is specified, the difference between the pH level of the product and the skin should not be significant, ideally - if they match.
There are still people who wash their heads with laundry soap, which does not contain any sulphates and other chemicals.
Here it is necessary to be careful: the pH level of household soap is at the level of 7.0, which can lead to the drying of healthy scalp, especially with colored and brittle hair.
The most dangerous components
Number one in the list of harmful substances in the composition of the shampoo is the presence of sulfates: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, etc.
The presence of sulfates due to the foaming properties. We are used to the fact that shampoo works correctly, that is, it cleans the scalp, if it foams well.
This opinion is erroneous, rather - customary.
For thin and fatty curls, it is not recommended to use the product with SLS, because these substances give foam, but do not cleanse the scalp, destructively affect the natural acid-base balance of the scalp and protein, which is a structure-forming substance.
This provokes more rapid contamination of the hair (therefore, this moment concerns thin and greasy curls), thinning in some cases may be the cause of hair loss.
Therefore, for weak stained curls, such a composition is also not recommended.
In addition to sulphates, parabens and silicones are toxic substances that destroy the hair structure.
As for surfactants, they are surface-active substances with detergent properties.
Among them, DEA are considered the most dangerous, therefore, when studying the composition, it will be correct to choose the means in which there is no this component.
The same rule should be guided in the question of how to choose baby shampoo.
A good shampoo that does not have sulphates and other harmful substances is difficult to find in the mass market.
Most often, they are sold in specialized organic or professional stores, as well as in pharmacies.
Depending on their focus shampoos are divided into several types:
- depending on the type of hair (oily, dry, normal, combined),
- for dyed and thin hair,
- against dandruff and fallout
- dry shampoo,
- for kids.
Choose dry shampoo
Dry shampoo today gets the most popular due to its unique qualities.
How dry is different from the usual:
- Harmful effects on the hair structure are minimized, for example, the composition does not include SLS components known to us,
- You can use it for any hair, especially thin and oily,
- Adds volume (which is important for thin curls),
- Dry shampoo is applied without using water.
Good dry shampoo is selected based on the shade of the hair. Dry shampoo is available for light and dark hair.
This is an important point, because on the dark ringlets there can remain light particles of the means, which can spoil the whole aesthetics of the hairstyle.
Dry shampoo can not replace the usual, because it does not wash away all the dirt, only absorbs fat, so it is well suited for oily hair.
Good tools are recognized: Syoss, Batiste, Dove, Oriflame.
Remedies for hair loss
If there is a problem of hair loss, you must consult with a specialist to determine and eliminate the causes of hair loss.
Causes of hair loss can be improper nutrition, genes, improperly chosen hair care products, etc.
As a prophylaxis, you can use directional shampoo against hair loss.
Such funds, as a rule, do not contain sulfates, are aimed at activating the circulatory system and feeding the hair follicles.
Good remedies for hair loss are recognized: Alerana, VICHI, Fitoval, - they are enriched with vitamins, mineral complexes.
It is believed that anti-hair loss can be used as a prophylaxis for dyed or weakened hair.
Shampoo against hair loss, most often sold in pharmacies, because it has a therapeutic focus of action.
So, shampoo should be chosen based on the type of hair (normal, oily, dyed, etc.), composition, purpose.
The best option is considered sulfate-free shampoo. At the same time should pay attention to the question of how to choose baby shampoo.
Children's hair - the most sensitive to the effects of harmful components, so before buying should be the most carefully examine the composition of the product.
Features shampoos for different types of hair
Shampoo, selected according to the type of hair, is able to effectively cleanse the scalp and at the same time have a gentle effect.
If you wash your hair more often 2 times a week, it means that you have oily hair. Owners of this type often suffer from dandruff problems and split ends. For such hair, suitable mild shampoo for sensitive scalp and volume, which does not cause irritation. But in any case it is impossible to use nutrient and color-preserving shampoos, since they contain a large amount of nutrients that will be unnecessary for oily hair.
If your hair needs washing no more than once a week and at the same time it is tough to the touch, brittle, dull, badly combed, it means that they belong to the dry type. The composition of the shampoo for dry hair should include vitamins, fats, supplements, and cleansing agents should not be aggressive.
Often there is a mixed type of hair. This is when the roots quickly grow fat, and the tips remain dry. Shampoo for this type of hair should simultaneously clean and moisturize. As part of this tool are often present additives such as egg yolk, nettle, seaweed.
And the rarest is the normal type of hair. The head does not require frequent washing, while the hair looks clean, lush and healthy. For owners of this type, it is important to choose a shampoo, which contains detergents that do not destroy the natural lubrication of hair.
Hair type is an important, but not the only criterion for choosing a shampoo. Its composition can tell a lot.
How to decipher the composition of the shampoo?
As a rule, the composition of the shampoo on the bottle is listed in a certain sequence. The closer an ingredient is to the top of the list, the greater its concentration. This is important for people prone to allergic reactions.
The basis of the shampoo are various sulfates, which are surface-active substances, known as surfactants. But sulfate sulfate is different. The TEM laureth sulfate and TEA layril sulfate are considered the best. But most commonly used are sodium laureth sulfate, which is milder and softer, and sodium lauryl sulfate, which is more aggressive, and can cause allergies. It is not recommended to buy shampoos, which include low-quality ammonium laureth sulfate and ammonium lauryl sulfate.
Along with sulfates, mild surfactants are added to shampoos: disodium cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, disodium alkyl sulfosuccinate, glycereth-2 cocoate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamide DEA, cocamide MEA. The greater their number, the softer the shampoo.
As part of the shampoo can be found conditioning silicone additives, which in its name have the word "dimeticone". They retain moisture in the hair, relieve static electricity, protect the hair from thermal, chemical, mechanical effects.
It is very good, if natural additives enter into shampoo. Collagen, elastin and keratin molecules are able to restore the structure of the hair. Oil of jojoba, avocado, burdock, herbs and wheat germ, castor oil stimulates cell regeneration, retains moisture.
But not only natural, but also synthetic additives can favorably affect the hair. For example, sorbitol, propylene glycol and glycerin actively transfer water molecules to the hair.
It should be noted that high-quality shampoo contains from 15 to 40 components.
To pick up shampoo is not always possible the first time. Observe what happens to your hair after washing. If you see that the head is clean, the hair is well combed, shine, can be styled, has volume, and the scalp is not irritated - it means that the shampoo suits you.
How to choose the right shampoo
Currently on the market a huge selection of shampoos for all hair types from various manufacturers. What do you need to navigate in order to choose the most suitable means for your hair?
Many people choose shampoo for a pleasant smell, but it has nothing to do with the quality of the product. The presence of exotic ingredients in the shampoo should also not be misleading: they do not guarantee a good result.
You should not focus on the density of the shampoo or its beautiful appearance - these qualities are given to the product specifically to increase its attractiveness.
Some people think that a good shampoo should give a lot of foam. However, the purity of the hair does not depend on how well it is washed. And, when we see foam caps in commercials on the heads of happy and beautiful young people washing their hair, this means only one thing: an unnecessarily large overrun of shampoo.
So how not to make the wrong choice of shampoo?
First of all, you need to imagine what it consists of.
The main task of any shampoo is to wash hair and scalp. Therefore, the main component of the shampoo are substances with detergent action - detergents or, as they are also called, surfactants.
On the label of any shampoo detergent is usually one of the first. Part of the detergent components envelop the particles of dirt and grease contained in the hair and on the scalp, after which they are washed away with water. They also cause the appearance of foam when mixed with water and air. The detergent properties of detergents entering the shampoo (there can be several of them in one shampoo) determine its qualities. The concentration of detergents in shampoos varies, it is higher in oily hair products and lower in dry hair products.
Virtually all modern shampoos use synthetic detergents called surfactants. Below are the most common sufractants in order to improve their quality (softness).
Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate)
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (Ammonium Laureth Sulfate)
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate)
Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
TEA Layril Sulfate (TEA Lauryl Sulfate)
TEA Laureth Sulfate (TEA Laureth Sulfate)
AT most shampoos use the first two surfactants. They are cheap, have good detergent properties, easily washed off the hair. Their main drawback is dermatological rigidity. They make hair dry and brittle, dry out and irritate the scalp.This problem can be solved by adding mild detergents (cocamidopropyl betan, okamidopropyl sulfobetaine, laureth – 11 sodium carboxylate, sodium sulfosuccinate, cocoamphodiacetate sodium, glycerate of cocoate).
If the first two first surfactants are used in cheap, the last three - in high-quality shampoos, including for damaged and dry hair.
Another group includes special additives that increase consumer properties of the product. Their task is make shampooing comfortable and enjoyable. These include preservatives, dyes, flavors, viscosity regulators, pearlescent additives and others.
Over time, shampoos began to perform not only its main function to clean hair, but also to improve their appearance.
To do this, they began to add conditioners to shampoos. Of course, this made it possible to simplify hair care and save time, however, when exposed to conditioning additives with detergents, their effect is weaker than that of air conditioners used separately.
The fact is that, firstly, the concentration of conditioning substances in shampoos is lower than in individual conditioners and their action is short-lived, and secondly, when used together, the shampoo and conditioner molecules often neutralize each other. However, in some new shampoos created on the 2 in 1 principle, the conditioning additives do not work until the flushing of the shampoo. As soon as the foam begins to dissolve in water, they are activated and envelop the hair shafts.
Air conditioners are used for neutralize alkaline effects of detergentsincluded in all shampoos, moisturizing, giving the hair shine, volume, softness, elasticity. They restore damaged hair, protect them from the negative effects of the environment, heat, chemistry, facilitate the formation of hairstyles.
The most popular are, perhaps, silicone additives (usually have the ending -methicone -methicone), in particular, dimethicone and cyclomethicone. They are distributed over the surface of the hair shaft, form a protective film that gives the hair volume, and smooth the cuticle scales, which allows them to better reflect light. As a result, hair becomes soft, silky and shiny for a while. They are less tangled and easier to comb.
For restoration of damaged and chemically exposed hair Protein (protein) conditioners are used. Since hair is 93% composed of protein, some types of plant proteins with small molecules can penetrate the hair shaft, fill damaged areas (voids, cracks, split hair ends), thereby restoring hair, giving it volume, elasticity and shine. One of the most popular protein conditioning additives is hydrolyzed keratin.
For dry hair are designed moisturizers that attract moisture to the hair. They usually contain plant extracts, glycerin, panthenol, sorbitol, propylene glycol.
UV filter additives (SPF - sun protection filter) will help protect your hair from the sun.
Heat protectors are polymers that absorb heat and distribute it over the entire length of the hair. Thereby they protect hair from heat damage when blow-dryingapplying thermal rollers. These additives have a prefix thermo-, thermo-.
Dietary supplements are widely used - vitamins, plant extracts, tinctures, extracts. Of these, the most famous are vitamins. Vitamins A, PP, vitamins of group B are most useful for hair. They promote hair growth, prevent their fragility and loss, the appearance of dandruff. However, they are more effective when taken orally.
Shampoos often use vegetable oils (castor, burdock, avocado oil, jojoba) and lanolin.They envelop the hair and “lock” the water they contain. In addition, they strengthen the hair roots, contributing to their growth.
Medical shampoos are intended for the treatment of disease.d associated with dandruff, eczema, hair loss. They have a deeper effect on the scalp and hair and are used only during the treatment period. In fact, these are therapeutic agents in the form of shampoos, which along with the treatment also wash the head.
The most popular anti-dandruff shampoos. They contain antimicrobial substances (zinc pyrithione, climbazole, ketoconazole, selenium disulfide), components that facilitate flaking of scales (tar, sulfur, salicylic acid) and reduce sebum secretion (tar, octopirox, selenium disulfide).
As you can see, without having a special education, it is impossible to judge the quality of the shampoo by its ingredients. Therefore, when shampoo selection advise you to adhere to the following principles:
1. Select shampoo according to the type and condition of your hair. Avoid “universal” and “family” shampoos.
2. Assume that a good shampoo consists of 20-30 chemical ingredients. Sick hair requires shampoo with a large number of caring substances. Persons prone to allergic reactions, on the contrary need a simple composition of the shampoo with a small number of components. If you do not have any problems and you want to have beautiful hair, then you will need a more complex shampoo.
3. Try to choose a shampoo with a better basic detergent.. The softer the shampoo, the better for the hair. Especially this rule should be followed by those who are forced to wash their hair every day, for example, athletes, people with sensitive scalp, as well as those who dye their hair.
4. Do not be fooled by the word “natural” on the shampoo label. It may refer to the conditioning components of the shampoo, but not to the surfactant. There are no shampoos without detergents, since natural products do not allow to wash your hair well.
5. It is better to choose products of famous brands and manufacturers. Be careful with fakes. Pay attention to the price: quality products can not be cheap.
6. Analyze shampoo results. A good shampoo makes hair clean, shiny, voluminous, well combed and docile, does not cause allergic reactions, does not irritate the scalp, has a long shelf life.
7. If the hair after washing becomes light and fluffy, then this means that a strong surfactant was used, which too degreased the hair and scalp. Change the shampoo.
8. Do not be long to experiment with shampooingBecause trial and error will not benefit your hair. It is enough to choose two means that satisfy you and periodically change them.